Slate Trigger latency problem

::XeS::

Mar 30, 2005
Italy
www.myspace.com
I've noticed the problem yesterday.
Last week I replaced the snare in 3 tracks and I used 2 different samples: 1 is from the trigger library and the other is one of my samples.
I print the different snares in 2 new tracks, so now I have the original snare, the trigger sample and my sample. The 2 new tracks are pulled back the amount of samples that trigger introduced so I shifter 1033 samples in both the tracks.
Yesterday I did a big zoom on the snare tracks and I found a very strange thing: the "trigger sample" track was perfectly alligned with the original track but the track with my sample was very bad...I mean some hits were 200 samples forward, some 120, some in phase... I was forced to shift back the track to an average amount of samples and of course some hits are Out of phase because I don't want to shift back every hit.
Initially I thought I forgot to shift back the track by 1033 samples but it was not the case....the hits were placed randomly...

It's a Slate product, were lucky it works at all :/ I love the feature set but find it very quirky and unpredictable. I wish one of the more dependable plugin companies would put something out for drum replacement. I should try and convince Stillwell to do it...

Last one.
These are 2 different screenshots. The 3 selected tracks are:
- Original Snare
- Printed Trigger sample
- Printed (my) sample

Hit1.jpg

Hit2.jpg

As you can see, expecially in the second screen, the hits are not delayed by the same amount of latency but they are randomly placed...so if I have the first hit delayed by 200samples and I shift back the whole track by 200...it's possible that lot of hits could still be delayed or some of them could be placed before the right position.

Interesting it's not happening with the packaged Slate TCI. Maybe those samples you made aren't cut right? *shrug*

Ok I found the problem...as I thought, it was a sample problem. I cut them correctly but when I exported them some latency were added in some of the samples......lame

I went through the exact same problem and discovery the other day. Very frustrating at the time but an easy fix! Felt pretty dumb when I discovered the problem.

Also, this is my first post, I think! Hello!

I had the same problem but only with printing the trigger-tracks. If you only work with the plugin trigger is (for me) 100% phase accurate.
Never printed samples after that.... (had the problem with the older version)