Slayer!

The Greys said:
Hell Awaits > Show No Mercy by 100 miles. If any of you disagree you suck at listening to slayer. Hell Awaits is the first Slayer album in truth. Show No Mercy while great is just amatuerish kids demenstrating how much they enjoy Priest & Maiden. Slayer after was more in touch with underground extreme acts progressing a lot. Hell Awaits is monumental for the time it came out.

this is actually a good post despite eriks criticism

i doubt that

but then i'm not one of those "THE MIDDLE OF REIGN IN BLOOD IS BORING SONGS LIKE ALTAR OF SACRIFICE AND EPIDEMIC ARE BORING I'M A JACKASS" types

A couple of other points:

It's great someone is asking what the best Slayers songs are but it's really up to personal interpretation.

Its great to see some laud Hell Awaits as a pivotal Slayer album, it sure is, I see it get bagged alot and quite frankly i find that disturbing.

BUT Show No Mercy is a totally kick ass album, whether or not it is 100% their own style is irrevelant. This album brought them legions of fans and many songs from this release still frequent their playlists, not to mention every other bands tributes.

God Hates Us All really does suck, what "old" fan would say its good, i have no idea, certainly nobody i know!

Now excuse me as i return to my drunkeness and Mayhemic Destruction

All Slayer songs are good because they all sound like hell. Thats why I think Slayer is so great, because if you could put a soundtrack to hell - It would be Slayer.

COBHC420X said:
All Slayer songs are good because they all sound like hell. Thats why I think Slayer is so great, because if you could put a soundtrack to hell - It would be Slayer.

If they put a soundtrack to my hell, it would be Children of Bodom. Or Barry Mannilow, possibly both in some cross over hell type situation.

South Of Heaven is by far the best Slayer album i.m.o. Slower tempos and more menace = more metal, in this instance. Minus the frankly shite cover of Dissident Aggressor.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Bland thrash metal just isn't good at all, and that is just what Slayer are, aside from Show No Mercy.
You are retarded. Slayer is NOT bland thrash metal. Slayer is THE thrash metal band.

The Timebird said:
absolutely, as hell awaits the least bland thrash metal album ever written

for sure, i never really classed that album as a whole as thrash because it had many other characteristics other than thrash, it is a fantastic release