Slipknot - All Hope is Gone

I'm not going to waste my money on this album, I'm not even going to download it. It's not worth the hard drive space.

everyone has been saying death magnetic is pretty good, even though the title is shitty

slipknot cops alot of flak, any substance to this? or people just hate radio rock

everyone has been saying death magnetic is pretty good, even though the title is shitty

slipknot cops alot of flak, any substance to this? or people just hate radio rock

The new slipknot album sounds like just recycled riffs from previous albums, joeys drumming to me was more bland, like he wouldnt dare to experiment at all, same fills he has used over and over again. The songs themselves tend to hang off of bland and basic riffs. The solos come off as barely structured, like they hit random notes in a scale and hoped that it sounded ok. Coreys voice comes across as uninspired and overall boring, not as emotional as previous records.
Its not just because its slipknot that this album doesnt come off as decent, its the music itself, and overall its a lackluster album.

I think a lot of people dont like Slipknot for various outside the music reasons.... they have masks, they are associated with 90s nu-metal, a lot high-school kids like them, or probably the most common.. its just way cool to hate them and hating them makes you seem like some higher thinking pseudo metal philosopher. I think the music is heavy with killer riffs and drum (the most common reason that turns me onto a band).

I really like Snuff, and Gehenna, but the rest I could live without. If they did an entire cd like this it would be a great cd.

The new slipknot album sounds like just recycled riffs from previous albums, joeys drumming to me was more bland, like he wouldnt dare to experiment at all, same fills he has used over and over again. The songs themselves tend to hang off of bland and basic riffs. The solos come off as barely structured, like they hit random notes in a scale and hoped that it sounded ok. Coreys voice comes across as uninspired and overall boring, not as emotional as previous records.
Its not just because its slipknot that this album doesnt come off as decent, its the music itself, and overall its a lackluster album.

Thats not fact...... its an opinion with no evidence to back it up... almost..if not all of Slipknots records have been critically acclaimed (new album 9/10 in rocksound).. have you even heard Vol. 3? its an intelligent record.. Vermillion part 1 and 2? Anyway Joey Jordison can hardly be bland if people in this thread have stated he is a reason they listen to the band :loco:
Slipknot is one of the few bands from the nu-metal era I still like - and i'm not afraid to because its cool not to like them...:zombie:

While this thread is an inevitable train wreck, heres something to lift it ever so slightly, Stephen (opeth353) showed me this earlier, its an article about a kid who stabbed and killed a guy, who apparently "resembled" a member of Slipknot. http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_2378092,00.html

Painted his face black and wore a balaclava? Hmm interestingly this doesn't resemble any of the Slipknot masks. Why don't the authorities go blame Marilyn Manson? what happened to that? Do they need a new scapegoat?

Thats not fact...... its an opinion with no evidence to back it up... almost..if not all of Slipknots records have been critically acclaimed (new album 9/10 in rocksound).. have you even heard Vol. 3? its an intelligent record.. Vermillion part 1 and 2? Anyway Joey Jordison can hardly be bland if people in this thread have stated he is a reason they listen to the band :loco:
Slipknot is one of the few bands from the nu-metal era I still like - and i'm not afraid to because its cool not to like them...:zombie:

Hmmm I wouldn't really call them nu-metal anymore. True they have 2 DJ's still, but it doesn't exactly sound like Limp Bizkit...

I don't think the new album was anywhere near as good as Subliminal Verses, but it does have some great tracks. What disappointed me was for the first toime hearing tracks on an album that truly did sound like 'filler'.

Tracks 6 & 7, and then 9 & 10 all sounded forced and monotone. Besides those few tracks it was a good album.

Community leader, Pierre Eksteen, who is in charge of a school support network for children, told reporters outside the deserted school grounds that Satanic music was probably the cause of the attack.

"He came here camouflaged as the guys from Slipknot. We know the wrong kind of music, and drugs have bad effects. Young people need to be informed of the effects of bad Satanic music," said Eksteen.
Hilarious. :lol:

Ah, I do like a bit of the 'Knot, they've written some really killer songs. Wait and Bleed anybody?

Gotta give the new one a listen.

I look at your avatar, one of the greatest black metal albums ever released, yet you say slipknot released killer songs? Well maybe they did, but anything that slipknot could even wish to conceive is crushed into mush by the likes of abigor..

it's just like.. huh?

It's like landing on the moon, only to find it's made out of the greatest tasting cheesecake ever made, or some other tasty condiment, yet you pull out a freshly sealed packet of dogshit, and chew on that instead and say "Yeah, dogshit tastes pretty killer."

Like fair enough, if you were starving, and there was no more food left in the entire universe, except for a dogs turd, i could understand you nomming away on that. But it's raining fucking cheesecake and donuts.

cheesecake and donuts are fatty, sugary and can cause cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension and a slew of other physical illnesses

i shall check out this album, although i admit ive never listened to slipknot before (some of my friends like them though)

I got the new record thorugh the post yesterday... I was'nt blown away.. but i'll let time decide its quality... it certainly not Vol.3.
And im not saying this as an insult to the band..but no matter what they say - they are essentially progressive nu-metal :Smug:

Painted his face black and wore a balaclava? Hmm interestingly this doesn't resemble any of the Slipknot masks. Why don't the authorities go blame Marilyn Manson? what happened to that? Do they need a new scapegoat?
haha settle buddy. You went nuts over that article. Fact is when something like that happens in society those affected will always sought out an outside influence to distance themselves from any blame. Films and music will always be used a scapegoat in these situations. Obviously they aren't true, but in a way it's like a lot of stereotypes (there is some small truth to them). While gta didn't actually make someone go out and kill a taxi driver (reason gta 4 is banned in Thailand) it did show him and it is possible to do. All it took was for someone nuts enough to carry it out. And the world will never be short of nutcases.