Slipknot sux

yeah pearl jam, alice in chains, queens of the stoneage and nirvana (got mainstream but didn't change their style for publicity like many other bands did ;)) still kick ass. 403 do you know the band Kyuss? a cross of Grunge and Tool... sounds great.

imo Grunge is the best apart from Metal :)

hehe guys now lynch me

*pushThread* :D

Originally posted by locutos
yeah pearl jam, alice in chains, queens of the stoneage and nirvana (got mainstream but didn't change their style for publicity like many other bands did ;)) still kick ass. 403 do you know the band Kyuss? a cross of Grunge and Tool... sounds great.

hehe guys now lynch me

i think Nirvana were heading for change, look at In Utero, with songs like all apoliges (sp) and heart - shaped box, most their stuff sounds simillar, but they were heading for a change, up until he shot himself, im a big fan and we would have got a lot more different sounds from them. anyway *sound Garden rule*

Originally posted by locutos

hehe guys now lynch me

Yeah I saw a video of Kyuss once, they sounded ok. It's good you reminded me, I'm alaways on the lookout for music I haven't heard a gazzilion times already. I should probably use some winmx powers now :D

I like Tool a lot. One of the rare bands I have heard that can make a heavy riff with two tones and a thin distortion (check out "Bottom"). The singer also gives a very emotional performance.

About Nirvana........I don't know I never liked them, they had this depressive emotionality about them I never wanted to hear in a grunge band (Pearl Jam on the other hand had a different kind of emotion around them: a "it's tough but I will fight back" kind of feeling - don't know whether anyone else thought about this, maybe I am full of sh*t :D )

doh I forgot Sound Garden :D

well, of course Nirvana changed, but not for publicity, it wasn't a commercial change, they did their own things and didn't care about the hype :)

Originally posted by metalized
i think this is the only conclusion that will normally come out of the "Slipknot rules" thread (providing this site is only viewed by metal fans! sorry but slipknot sux!

I don´t have the time to read all the posts but can´t you just keep your oppnion about Slipknot to yourself, there was a really big thread about this topic entitled "Slipknot rulez" and everyone was bashing each other but there was no conclusion. If you like them ok, If you hate them ok, but do we really want to spend our time arguing in circles. I don´t think so, let´s just respect the people who like slipknot, they surely have their right and reasons for liking them. Slipknot are a mainstream metalband and they will problably drag some poor mainstream soul into the splendour that is metal, and maybe just maybe that person will buy an Opeth album. So it´s a win win situation, Opeth will make a buck and this poor soul will find meaning in his/her life. Be happy! :) Listen to Opeth!!!

Originally posted by Mayh

...Slipknot are a mainstream metalband......

Everything is fine with your post except these few words. Please, don't insult metal bands by calling slipknot metal.

Thank you.

Originally posted by 403

Everything is fine with your post except these few words. Please, don't insult metal bands by calling slipknot metal.

Thank you.
[/QUOTE

HmmmHmm, You are very right. PLease replace the "metal" with "nu-pop"

I very sorry for the mistake :lol:

Originally posted by Mayh
Originally posted by 403

Thank you.
[/QUOTE

HmmmHmm, You are very right. PLease replace the "metal" with "nu-pop"

I very sorry for the mistake :lol:

well its not good enough, all those in favour of excamunicating MAYH from the board say Yay...:p

Originally posted by _Transparent_

well its not good enough, all those in favour of excamunicating MAYH from the board say Yay...:p

Well since it's his first cockup we will forgive him. But if he does it again....all I can say is that this will be done to him: :hotjump: and then he'll be :cry: and we'll all be :devil:

heh I just discovered this cool smiley: :yow:

cool eh :cool: