slow down, guitars....

Status
Not open for further replies.
think what you want, but i own my own house and im 23.

screw everyone else! it sounds sick anyways.

I really don't see why thats at all related?

But to me, thats cheating in the highest order, qauntizing slightly out of time drummers... they played as close as dammit to their part, no matter how fast.

But HALF SPEED, thats some lazy shit.

EDIT : Honestly didnt realise this was an 08 thread!

I see both sides.....

Mozart couldn't play violin, but he could damn well write the part.....

But then again, if he played piano at half speed and could have sped it up, he would have been judged.

I think the whole deal is that this is metal....this is a religion or a spiritual way of life....the whole point is this isn't the symphony, this is releasing energy, exileration through PLAYING your music.....

......if you don't play it right, your not a (com)poser......your just a poser!

Actually Mozart was an extremely good violin player. Sorry, I couldn't let that one go.

Hahaha....no worries man....it was just an analogy!

Thanks for correcting me....I think the majority will understand what I was getting at......well maybe not on this thread.....?

I'll clarify....I don't play drums, and I don't get my "thrills" from it......so I don't feel bad programming drum parts.

I do however, play guitar, and my music is my exileration and my joy.....if I didn't play it how it was meant to be I wouldn't feel what I felt coming up with it. I can't capture that at half speed....and honestly I think it's going against the reason I play metal.

If I have to spend 8 hours recording my riffs....I love every minute of it....because that's why I wrote the song.

dmmi, some people would rather be known for what they would say than how they say it. For those of us who see the instrument as a tool and not the goal, it's entirely possible to be 'a composer and not a poser'.

Jeff

dmmi, some people would rather be known for what they would say than how they say it. For those of us who see the instrument as a tool and not the goal, it's entirely possible to be 'a composer and not a poser'.

Jeff

True.....but that doesn't make you a metalhead then....IMO

Sorry I should add to that....there are plenty metalheads that don't play at all.......I'm talking about metal "musicians"

I read it all....I'm allowed my opinions.....I do see both sides....but I play for my reasons.

But HALF SPEED, thats some lazy shit.

the funny thing here is that it's the opposite of lazy.
lazy is letting the guy play through it the best he can and settling for that.
tracking guitars like this takes hours and hours for a single song. you're really missing the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.