@MetalMiller
thanks a lot man, this actually worked very well,
guess i just had the wrong settings! :D

@cent73
unfortunately i don't own this program

@barn jake
automation is still amystery for me,
i know how it works but i can't get anything good sounding using it,
guess i need some kind of hardware controller.

thanks a lot guys!

cheers
S.

and yeah, i tried this GLITCH plugin, seems like there is a new version, works completely synchronized now, yeah!
unfortunately the GUI does not work in 64 bit cubase...so it gets random again as i can't change any settings :lol:

I use tapestop with autmation in cubase 5 all the time and it works very well. What I do:

Put the effect on the channel you want to slowdown. Open up the "play" automation tab for tapestop. Set it under "10" when you want it to start. Set up another automation tab for "bypass". Let it bypass tapestop until you want it to start (you can "draw" to the grid... no controller needed) and after the slowdown. 2 minutes of work.

+1 tape stop, but ive become so fond of glitch, its a bitch to work with but with a little love the end product always turns out awesome haha.

This is what I did... I found a free Analog Delay VST plug in and inserted it to my master track in reaper. YOu can edi tthe automation of each control in reaper and I used it to make a track have that "tape slowing to a halt" sound. If you want I can try to post an example.

This is what I did... I found a free Analog Delay VST plug in and inserted it to my master track in reaper. YOu can edi tthe automation of each control in reaper and I used it to make a track have that "tape slowing to a halt" sound. If you want I can try to post an example.

actually in Reaper, you can:

1: Show the Master Track (Ctrl-alt-M)
2: Insert a Playrate envelope
3: Draw an envelope to the bottom, I prefer the bezier point to point.

You can render it offline, bounce it, or set up a track to record the output of the master bus. Works like a charm, I can also post an example.