Slut Metal

Eh, not so bad. It's just a form of arti expre$. The women are just empowered, and u mu a$ a way to that to the world. I hope my point i$ blunt enough.

I must say, while I agree with you 100%, I can't help but laugh at how phallocentric our society is. When women dress like that to get money, they're sluts, but when dudes wear no shirts, poofy hair, to get the ladies to pay up, they're "rockstars."

I must say, while I agree with you 100%, I can't help but laugh at how phallocentric our society is. When women dress like that to get money, they're sluts, but when dudes wear no shirts, poofy hair, to get the ladies to pay up, they're "rockstars."

Agreed. It's a total double standard. When you talk about shirtless poofy haired guys, I immediately think of the 80s cock rock bands. Those guys were total sluts.

is this band really any worse than the non-metal slut bands???

like the PussyCat Dolls
or Ke$ha???

Musically, I'd give them a "very much sucks" rating. I don't know whether they're trying to pull a Wendy O Williams avant garde rebellion type thing or if it is just a Hooterization attempt. Regardless, that was 5 minutes of my life I'd like back.

the song was not good enough to merit 1:20 of build up before the actual music starts in.

the song was not good enough to merit 1:20 of build up before the actual music starts in.

I thought the same thing.

Personally, I wouldn't rate them with 80's hair metal dudes. The moment I see a guy go on stage wearing nothing but thong underwear, THEN he will be equivilent to these ladies.

Any takers?

(And thank you, Alexander!!)

<3

manowar.jpg

If only the chicks above could produce music half as good as Manowar.

I thought the same thing.

Personally, I wouldn't rate them with 80's hair metal dudes. The moment I see a guy go on stage wearing nothing but thong underwear, THEN he will be equivilent to these ladies.

No offense but I think you are deluding yourself.

Kembra Pfahler and Diamada Galas have performed topless, I challenge any woman to to them that it is degrading to themselves or to women.
I think this "slut metal' thing is pretty stupid but more power to them. I believe any woman who has hang ups with it is simply because they either don't have the goods or the mental and emotional capacity to be able to do it. Granted I can respect it more when the women doesn't have to sell the sexuality to sell their music; however in some cases like "slut metal" the point IS to push the sexuality.
I want to see the Savatage 'Strange Reality' video for some reason rightnow; because we all know women should be seen and not heard anyway.:lol: