SNG

Oh well painting is done, it's not too bad out there today the paint wasn't drying before I put it on.

I still don't know what it was. I remember thinking in about November that it wouldn't be long before the kids finished school then by the time I thought about it again my missus was saying "they finish next week" and I was thinking, "don't be silly." Now it's kind of too late to think about it. One shopping day left and it will be a mad house. I need fuel in the car so I might go and visit the butcher late tomorrow to see if they are throwing anything out cheap but otherwise it's nearly all over for us.

Where Future Regresses - Hatchet

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Nice, beer thirty? :)
Time really does have a way of sneaking by. I think we should ban it!
The stores are crazy here and the traffic blows. And this is a fairly small town. And wouldn't you know it, this is the first Christmas in 13 years that I haven't gotten anything from Amazon. Usually it's 90% amazon.

Where Eagles Dare - Iron Maiden

Reactions: Slammed
I haven't been to the shops in two days so I don't know how busy it is here. There is about 24,000 in this town and I'm sure 23,000 of them will be shopping tomorrow. Christmas eve is fucking insane, not just with last minute shoppers but people who realise the shops are shut for a day and they think the world will end. When I used to deliver bread Christmas Eve and Thursday before Good Friday my orders nearly tripled. People are fucking insane when the shops shut.
I think we've bought everything locally this year too, I don't actually remember ordering anything online .

Where No One Dares - Candy Harlots.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
I haven't been to the shops in two days so I don't know how busy it is here. There is about 24,000 in this town and I'm sure 23,000 of them will be shopping tomorrow. Christmas eve is fucking insane, not just with last minute shoppers but people who realise the shops are shut for a day and they think the world will end. When I used to deliver bread Christmas Eve and Thursday before Good Friday my orders nearly tripled. People are fucking insane when the shops shut.
I think we've bought everything locally this year too, I don't actually remember ordering anything online .

Where No One Dares - Candy Harlots.
Hahaha, I know. People hear an inch or two of snow is coming and it's Armageddon out there. And I think, the roads will be fine in a couple hours lol.

Where Dreams Go To Die - Queensryche

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I think this country would be fucked if the major cities got snow. Although they are not happy they kind of accept that shops have to shut on Chrissie day and Good Friday (used to be Easter Sunday too but that changed). If the shops had to shut just because there was a foot of snow out there and they would go mental. It wouldn't make any difference that they couldn't drive on the roads or walk through the snow, they'd go mental because the shops were shut.

Monologue (Where You Once Walked) - Devil Electric

Reactions: Neptune
Uber is mainly only in the city around here. We do have them spreading out but most people still call taxis. Uber's actually being sued here because they don't meet the code of conduct that Taxi's have to. Not sure if the case will be win or lose though.

Where Futures Regress - Hatchet

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Really? To us it seems like the US has embraced Uber like they embraced Mc Donalds. Because over here it's copping a lot of bad press and it is by the letter of the law illegal so there is court cases and all sorts of shit but every time it gets mentioned they talk about how big it is in the States and how everyone uses Uber rather than taxis

Where The Rain Grows - Helloween

Reactions: redfly
Yeah it's had or has a couple lawsuits against them by California and I think something about not background checking drivers? There might be other stuff.

Rain Will Fall - I Mother Earth

Reactions: Slammed
Our taxi industry is fairly heavily regulated and licenses to run a cab are expensive. Drivers also have to go through fairly strict testing too. The whole back ground checks and possibly unsafe cars etc is a big part of the reason the taxi industry is taking them to court but the main thing is that Uber is completely unregulated. I've never used an Uber myself but I also don't think there is any in the town I live in.

Insainity's Fall - Dungeon

Reactions: redfly