SNG

Kingdom Of Damnation - Destruction

Edit: We were talking about songs named Liar before. My wife came up with Rollin's song and told the kids she wouldn't play it for them. Then I thought of Megadeth. I nearly played it too, then I started thinking about the lyrics and realised it was probably not suitable for a 12 yr old.
I was 12 /13 :) One of my favs.

Come Heavy - Overkill

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I was 12 /13 :) One of my favs.

Honestly the words used in the song are nothing that either kid hasn't heard around here and we've never shied away from any topic with them so things like gays, STD's, drugs, etc are not something that is new to them. But the words by themselves are less of a concern, it's the venom they are written with. Our eldest is starting to write her own songs and stories and while she's learning to express emotions in those words she's yet to work out how to change from one to the other. She'd go one of two ways, think the song is serious and wonder why the 'liar' is like they are, or decide it was wrong and re-write it.

What Dreams May Come - Savage Messiah

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
For me the venom was the best part! But I (was) a delinquent :p. And you can bet my girlfriend at the time heard pieces of that song when she was bad :tickled:
I totally get where you're coming from. I don't think it's any worse than all the pop songs with their not even thinly veiled lyrics though. And that shit's all over the everwhere lol.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
There is nothing wrong with Dave's venom :) I think we probably all focused on it and I think it probably would have been a shorter conversation if we'd focused on it the other night. Instead we actually played Rollins' Liar for her and talked about what the lyrics of that song meant. She got a pretty good grasp on the lyrics being about someone who is manipulative and able to control people when they are at their weakest. She didn't know Henry but as we talked about his story she was even able to make the connection that he'd written the song from some sort of experience where he was the victim of the "liar". She's smarter than me at 11, although I couldn't imagine having such a conversation with my parents back then.

From The Past Comes The Storms - Sepultura

Reactions: redfly
She actually wanted to hear more Rollin's after last night too. Not sure how long that will last but I'll have to dig my CD's out I haven't played them for ages.

When The Stillness Comes - Slayer

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Until The Morning Comes - Three Dead Fingers
(you should add that to the new bands to listen to thread redfly.)

We keep quoting "don't call me dude" and our daughter, she hates it and refuses to listen to the song...which is probably a good thing really :)

Here Comes Trouble - Roadkill

No need, it's our fault :) I have to say though as much as I will quote don't call me dude having actually put it on to annoy our daughter I think it annoyed me just as much. I never loved the song, but I remember it being really well played in a lot of places, but hearing it today is a bit too cringy. Actually the same thing happened a few weeks ago when we watch Bill and Ted's with the kids. We talked that movie up because we remembered it well, then watching it now it was just not that funny and the kids told us so :)

Hammer (Comes Down) - Dave Jnr

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Until The Morning Comes - Three Dead Fingers
(you should add that to the new bands to listen to thread redfly.)
Yeah? Will do!

Holy crap! I just watched that movie for the first time in decades and it was the same for me. It did not age well! But it's a good window into the 80's when everything wasn't hip hop.

Now Thy Death Day Come - Exodus

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune