So america is gonna get bombed

Originally posted by _A_SCARLET_SUNSET_
i'm sorry, no...

Wow.... someone from Germany using an picture of Bush as Hitler...

Kinda ironic... :lol:

Doesn't a majority of your people still support genocide of the Jews? :p

Manuel, what makes you think all this is for oil? I really want to know where all these people are getting this idea from. Iraq isn't nearly as rich as Kuwait in it's oil, and we get alot of our oil from Kuwait and the Saudis...in fact, more than enough. Show me where you have found there is richer oil in Iraq than Kuwait. Maybe you're forgetting something else...WE OWN ALASKA! I've been stationed in Alaska, and trust me, there is no crisis of oil in the United States. Even if we cut our ties to the Middle East altogether, we would still have enough energy resources. All that oil that we get from the Middle East is mainly for oil reserves. The reason you won't hear Bush come out and say it's for oil is because it's not for oil. After almost five days of this, we're still going in circles about the oil thing, so I've come up with this hypothesis:

People just like to bitch and whine...that's the fact of the matter. Everyone always has to have someone to point the finger at, because not very many people I've noticed have any backbone at all. It's always easiest to point the finger at the one who is the spotlight of the world...the US. If there was a bigger superpower than the US, you'd probably be pointing your fingers at them, mainly because people haven't changed very much since the middle ages. Everyone still wants to rally around a leader, and they want to immediately throw stones at the first thing they don't agree with. Think a little more worldly, rather than what you see in front of your eyes everyday.

Another thing, alot of people that have condemned everything we are doing and constantly scream how we're doing it all for this, and for that I've noticed either:

A. Don't live in the United States...so how the fuck do you know anything about the US, if you don't even fucking live here? Let me guess...the news media. What a joke. Go back to your bong, it's calling you.

or....

B. I've noticed that alot of people who live in the US that have "the answer to all of our problems" are more often than not, IN HIGH SCHOOL. Yeah, you really know what this world needs. What's on your agenda? More time for lunch, or a new weight room for the football team? Why don't you leave the pep rallies at school and let the adults decide what's right for the world.

well I have no opinion about how it affects US people and their life style. I based what I said about workers because I have a friend who worked there
that is solved for now

secondly
in the 90's it was about oil,in 2003 is about oil and payback
saddam supposedly helped Bin Laden,I don't know if it's true because I don't trust what the media says about the matter,so for supporting terrorism he's gonna go down,also because he is a threat to the world
and I suppose Bush is not,I know you love the decisions thrashmetal but instead of just going on and on and on defending your thesis you should look it from both sides and say to yourself: well maybe a war is not the best option
but it seems you are determined to believe that Saddam is bad and mean and must be taken out,well who named Bush the guy to take out Saddam? I don't remember any international meeting where everybody said: well Saddam is bad who volunteers to take him out?
The US takes this decisions because they want to take them,they are the world's "police" because they have wanted to.Maybe in WW2 they were asked to join after pearl harbor but it's been 60 years since WW2 is over so maybe it's time to step down and say: well our work is done,does the world need a police? and if everyone answers yes then step back up
If there was another major country making wars,which by the way are the best business ever,against other countries because of strange reasons as "good" vs "bad" then I would probably be opposed to that because as you said this is not middle ages,there are no total good and total bad.
But well you have your point of view, I have mine,xenophobe has his,Thanatos has his,everyone has their point of view and it seems you have all this "facts" to back yours and call everyone an idiot,well I am done with arguiing about a topic I am tired of because even if me and the rest of the world opposes to war there's still people like you who support it blindly,and since you are stationed in Korea I thought maybe you had a different view on the subject,but it seems that if they hand you a gun and tell you: go kill bad bad bad world threat people, you will go because a good person told you

Personally, I am done with this topic too.... Everyone's got their own opinions, and most of them are unenlightened and biased.

Many of the "against the war" people here are generally "anit-american" anyways, and when that's the case, their basis for being "against the war" have nothing to do with the reality at hand, but a way to promote their america-bashing agendas.

Manuel, I'm not for war, by any means. I'm dreading going to the desert...REALLY dreading going there. There is nothing in the Middle East that interests me whatsoever. I'm truly sorry if I came across a little harsh, sometimes I just get carried away.

As for the whole "hand me a gun and I'll do whatever you say" comment, you couldn't be further from the truth. You see, if all the militaries across the globe did what they wanted to, we wouldn't have a civilized society. I don't agree with alot of the things that our leadership gets into, that's just a fact of life. But it's not my place to agree or disagree. It's my place to carry out the orders given to me, that's my duty. Whether I agree with it or not is beside the point...it's moot. I would like to see a peaceful resolution, and I think that we are going about this a bit too fast. I would really like to see Saddam go into exile or something...just get out of the picture. He doesn't have to die a horrible death, just step down and let the Iraqi people choose for once in their lives who they want to represent them. I hope I never go to war, I hope I never see those orders given to me by my commander. But in the chance that we do go to war, we have to be ready, and not waiver, and trust the decisions of those appointed over us. That's part of being in the military. I don't know one single person in the military who WANTS to go to war....if they actually do, they're probably a little off in the head. I never support anything blindly; just because I have a strong opinion doesn't mean I blindly support anything. I guess that means everyone in the military supports it blindly as well, just because they participate in it? What about all those 60,000 soldiers who died in Vietnam, did they all support it blindly? Hell no...in fact, it was the other way around. But you have to do what you have to do, and I chose to be in the military. Being a member of the armed forces, I have a duty to carry out the orders given to me, and I will carry out those orders to the best of my ability. It's something called duty, and honor to one's word. I took an oath, and I will uphold that oath. It's really easy to point the finger when you aren't doing anything about the situation at hand.

As far as the whole "police the world" thing, I couldn't agree with you more. I think that's EXACTLY what we need; a U.N. meeting to discuss what the world expects from America, and what America expects from the world. If it is decided that the world doesn't need America to play watchdog, I promise you that you'll see parades and dancing in the streets all across America. You think YOU don't like us trampling all across the world? What about us? We detest it. We absolutely HATE AND DESPISE having to do a job for some ungrateful country whose own people won't stand up and defend. We would absolutely love to have something go wrong in Europe, and tell France or Germany, "Hey dick! Take care of your own fucking problems, and leave us alone!". Hopefully, I'll be around to see that happen. Hopefully we'll pull out of the Balkans, hopefully we'll pull out of South Korea, hopefully we'll pull out of the Middle East, but it looks doubtful...mainly due to world politics. South Korea's new president ran on an anti-American platform to get elected by the young people, then "changed his mind" all of a sudden, after he was elected. You know why he had a sudden change of heart? Because he knew all along that without us here, his country, which is the size of Indiana, would get nuked. He just used that anti-American sentiment to get elected. Dirty politicians are everywhere, wake up.

Man, that whole "blindly supporting" comment really got under my skin dude. I understand where you're coming from, but I never said I supported killing anyone. All measures should be exhausted before resorting to any kind of violence, and even then I think there is still room for negotiations. But then again, it's a free country, and you're entitled to your opinion.

I'm really tired of this thread as well. However, if I continue to see points that are being only half-true, like most of the posts on this thread have been, I will continue to add a counterpoint to that, and try to present the entire view. I understand so many other people's points of view, and alot of their views are right on.

As a side note, I just wanted to correct something I said earlier. The US, China, France, and Russia are on the security council, and have veto power only in that position. It sounded like I said that the only countries allowed to use nukes in wartime were those countries, which I would be gravely mistaken. If that were true, then there wouldn't be this huge conflict between India and Pakistan.