So Angela Gossow left Arch Enemy... Wow

They've fell out of interest for me recently as well. Everything between and including Stigmata and Anthems of Rebellion I really enjoy. I thought Doomsday was okay, but I haven't really listened to any albums they've done since about 2006.

Daniel is one of my favorite drummers though. I really like his drumming style.

They also do have sentimental value to me. Angela's first 2 albums were during my last couple years of uni. I will always look back at those years and think, "damn, that was fun", and those Arch Enemy albums were definitely part of it.

I'm actually pretty curious how this will turn out.
Alissa is a bit different but the quality of her vocals are more than a good fit for Angela.
The Agonist always was kinda Arch Enemy anyway, but not as awesome music wise.

I always thought that Angela isn't as god-like as a lot of peeps make her. She's awesome of course, but not that much of a god.

Not that it has to do anything about the music, but Alissa is way hotter too, imo (never quite understood that side of the angela madness either, but to each their own).

Both girls are way better than johan ever was though.

^ yeah, someone else made a comment about that yesterday as well ... would make sense

I have no dog in this fight cause I honestly don't really care all that much about Arch Enemy so maybe I'll dig them a little with a new singer, maybe not

^ I agree Melb Shredder. Wages of Sin is like a snapshot in my life book. I listened to it last year I think and wow, had vivid memories of 10 years ago pop up. It's always great to re-listen to such albums when they strike you like that. Were they very popular before that album ? I only know what they did from 2001 to 2005.. I'm not too fond of repetitions and get bored so fast..

me and a friend were going to seeing AE @ Wacken for the first time.
to me it´s not that bad, but the friend wasn´t happy at all.

agree that Alissa sounds better, or is easier to listen to.
about the looks ... i´d accept either of them :Smokedev:

My first thought has been Alissa... but nevertheless I was surprised that she's actually the replacement for Angela Gossow. But boy... that was a fast change. The show must go on I guess...

Wages and Anthems were great. I also absolutely love a lot of the Johan-era stuff but think that he sounds more like Andre the Giant than a proper frontman. Tyrants and onward were just... not good.

At least Carcass, ATG, and The Haunted are back in relatively full-force!

only through the song once so far, dunno. Kinda un-touched by it, since most of the stuff they've put out since Doomsday...

Seems it's the same as with Iced Earth and the new vocalist: awesome job, but I feel they are either forced to or feel that they need to impersonate the original singer a bit too much.
It's just one song so far, so maybe it's only on that one^^
She's doing the same things on this song that got me bored with angela after a couple of songs, but I guess they do that very straight forward linear type of growls on purpose...
to constrast the melodic music or whatever.

But she really nails the feel and vibe. Don't think people should have anything to complain.
I bet that if you wouldn't know they changed you'd think "hur...somethings strange" but you wouldn't guess "ah, new vocalist" right away...especially if you hear at a metal bar or something like that...phone speakers and that kind