so have i been missing anything or

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
i've noticed that when one is away from the internet much, one loses touch with what music gets released and/or is the new cool thing. the inquiry pertinent to the thread in question being: what have i been missing in the past couple months except helheim 'kaoskult' which i'm going to buy because i'm not philistine scum like the rest of you lot i guess :kickass:

Portrait - Portrait
The Gates Of Slumber - Conqueror
Manilla Road - Voyager
Dead Congregation - Graves Of The Archangels
Necrovation - Breed Deadness Blood

Try the Nasheim/Angantyr split record, it is quite sweet. Otherwise new Leviathan (US) has received a fair load of hardly undeserved hype. New Nåstrond is also good.

And I do agree about Kaoskult, to me probably the best Helheim album since Jormundgand.

Don't laugh at him. It took me a long while to figure out who einride is.

I thought he was joking?
I also thought it was quite obvious since his first post but that may be because I'm psychic.

I'm quite out of the loop as well so to speak, but I've got a decent idea of where I need to catch up at least

Uhm, were you still around when the general and also perfectly appropriate Warning "Watching from a Distance" circle jerk started? That album is probably the best that's ever been hyped in here and also pretty high up there among my own personal favorites

Uhm, were you still around when the general and also perfectly appropriate Warning "Watching from a Distance" circle jerk started? That album is probably the best that's ever been hyped in here and also pretty high up there among my own personal favorites

Listen to this! Album is dumbfoundingly amazing

Necuratul said:
Portrait - Portrait
a dude has been bugging me to listen to this. my official standpoint is i won't buy anything by a band called PORTRAIT.

M.Lehto said:
New Arckanum was released last weekend!
i hope it's not very similar to the songs on the SVARTSYN split because they were really BORING compared to the older stuff. regardless, worth investigating.

i TRIED ordering it on dlp from unborn prod. a month or two back but they were already SOLD OUT. i will probably buy the regular CD from elsewhere. it's on my TO BUY AS SOON AS I GET PROPER EMPLOYMENT JESUS FUCKEN CHRIST list.

Everybody who likes real, authentic, quality Heavy Metal needs to listen to Portrait. 4 rlz.