So how did some of you roll into a studio?

I'll come to your studio, Bobby!
We still need to hook up and do a tune, anyhow!
(thought I'd forget about that, eh?) :heh:

Scott

Well, thanks for all the reactions so far... some cool advice in here, allthough i still dont get that suecof funny Andy made. o_O

And Scott, i did not forget! Been pretty busy is all... (jams "the picture" from his MP3 player again) :worship:

I too have recently been getting heaps of shit put on me from other local studio owners. Had a ton of wild accusations about me. I think there is one studio in particular that I have taken a ton of business from and don't think they are too happy. Ah well, I think it means I'm doing something right.

that's what I'm thinking about shit like that...they gotta be really scared to act that way;)

I really feel like I'm at a point where I'd benefit from sitting in on a pro doing there thing and just picking up things I wouldn't learn otherwise. I have an awesome studio just down the road from me, I'm thinking of writing a letter to them. Really top studio though, and well within walking distance :headbang:

Great lindford manor? I tried getting in there a while back. Hope you get on better than I did. So who else is there in our/ your area?

Great lindford manor? I tried getting in there a while back. Hope you get on better than I did. So who else is there in our/ your area?

Bingo, Big Pete Winkelman's studio. I used to go to his school with his son, and his daughter is my age too, so who knows. Don't really fancy name dropping, but too be honest there are very studio's round here for miles. Maybe if you want I can PM you some dirt haha.

Might be putting 2 and 2 together hear, but I remember a few years ago hearing about some awesome live sound guy up in Northampton. You ever work at the Soundhaus?

then again, if you have some convincing material which you recorded at your own studio, they will most definetly come and take a look :)

True. Probably the best idea is to give away limited free time, this way you'll also save yourself from having to record a 10-song album of some absolute beginners. Actually, I guess I'll try doing that. [OT]It's high time I chose a name for my studio, though, and it seems this is just as hard as everything else if not more :loco: