so i did some acid yesterday

M.Lehto said:
Damn people, drugs are for my pals and weak-minded people.

I'd like to point out that the guy who discovered the double-helix structure of DNA got his ideas from a LSD trip. Additionally, many of this country's early computer programmers solved problems that blocked their progress with LSD. There are countless people who contributed beautiful, ground-breaking things to science all because of this drug. Albert Hoffman, the chemist who discovered the drug and has been taking it for about 50 years, celebrated his 100th birthday about a month ago...

weak-minded people?

Personally I'd rather take some sort of psychoactive and feel amazing for however long instead of drinking for a night only to vomit four times and get a two-day hangover... but that's just me.

Ohhh I'm not talking about MY experiences with drinking. Let's all remember the mead incident, which was about the second time I ever got drunk.

The point is, I've read 125125201237412 alcohol-related horror stories (or what seem like horror stories to me) on this forum. :lol: I guess it all comes down to personal likes and dislikes.

Krigloch the Furious said:
if you end up vomiting from drinking, you suck at it.

Unless you induce it, knowing full well the next day you'll feel like you got hit by a train. That's when you're really good at drinking, though. :puke:

The musicians today who don't do drugs and in fact speak out against it? "Rock Against Drugs?" BOY do they suck.

MFJ said:
Personally I'd rather take some sort of psychoactive and feel amazing for however long instead of drinking for a night only to vomit four times and get a two-day hangover... but that's just me.

Yeah, I'd rather do neither! :lol:

I don't know... my whole point is that multiple incredibly intelligent men could not figure out the DNA code, but by taking LSD their consciousness was changed in such a way that the answer was put right in front of their faces. Just seems really interesting, doesn't it?

MFJ said:
I don't know... my whole point is that multiple incredibly intelligent men could not figure out the DNA code, but by taking LSD their consciousness was changed in such a way that the answer was put right in front of their faces. Just seems really interesting, doesn't it?

I firmly believe that most creative types do their best work while under the influence of drugs. Music, art, science ...
But then again most people do drugs just to veg out.

When sober my mind is constantly wandering and thinking and unable to focus, I actually can focus and learn shit better when high.... problem is I forget stuff faster afterwards. I'm sticking with the hardway and avoiding the drugs.

Beer is good though, and I don't drink enough to vomit nor to get a hangover.

lurch70 said:
But then again most people do drugs just to veg out.

You're right, and I for one am pretty sick of being called weak-minded, burned out, and stupid. You all might say "you are 17, seriously stfu", but drug users aren't so easily dumped into one catagory. There is so much more to the science of drugs that people will never understand unless they're educated properly about it. All of these government systems and advertisements... what a load of bullshit. Why haven't any of these programs worked over the past 30ish years? It's because none of them work. Our children should be educated with Erowid.com instead of DARE.

I think there is a real curve to drugs...a creative person will see even more possibilities, the down side is that drugs can overcome the user and become more important than creativity to the user. Or at least some users. Musical history is replete with examples.
Hallucinogens open lots of doors of perception (helllloooo, jim morrison!) But sometimes the door locks behind you.

M.Lehto said:
Damn people, drugs are for my pals and weak-minded people.
or, gee, i dunno, maybe for open-minded people willing to try new things to boost their creativity and give them perspective. it's not like i'm talking about doing crack here, there's a distinction to be made and you're evidently too ignorant or just plain stupid to tell the difference.

Eh just be careful mate, one bad trip and you'll be wacked out like this 40 yr old dog humper I once knew. Fucker also thought he was Britney Spears BF, and the F.B.I were out to break up their relationship.

well, the brother of someone I know, has developed full blown schizoprenia from most likely too many shrumes and pot smoking ... at the ripe old age of 25 ... not saying that it was caused by the drugs, but everyone in the family knows that surely they did not help.

Anyone with a family history of mental illness should proceed extremely cautiously with psychedelic drugs or, better yet, not take them at all. Hallucinogens can cause manifestation of inactive disorders.