So I found myself with a 10 dollar itunes gift card...

Jolly - The Audio Guide to Happiness
Borealis - Fall From Grace
Lost in Thought - Opus Arise

I swear either of these will end up on your Top 10 of the year.

Wait a month for
Queensryche-dedicated-to-chaos-300x300.jpg

Now, while I *will* check out these suggestions, youtube links are *immensely* useful.

Really digging Jolly, though i'm gonna wait and see if there's anything else that catches my ear.

TDD said:
Wait a month for
LOL.

Take your time, as those iTune cards never expire. You'll eventually find something really cool to get with it.

However, I have to second the Lost In Thought, Opus Arise album. It really is quite incredible.

Did not realize that Borealis has their new one available now. I'll have to go check that one out myself. :)

However, I have to second the Lost In Thought, Opus Arise album. It really is quite incredible.

Did not realize that Borealis has their new one available now. I'll have to go check that one out myself. :)

May 20th via Lion Music, unless you're in Japan OR were lucky enough to see them open for Symphony X in Toronto earlier tonight. ;)

And yes, Lost in Thought is incredible. Fans of CM and SW will be all over this.

I listened to the two songs that Lost in Thought has up on their MySpace. Very good sound. There is a definite metalcore influence in their sound. Not necessarily a bad thing, as it reminds me more of Into Eternity than Acacia Strain. First song (Blood Red Diamond) has a breakdown, but in the song it fits and is not as overtly annoying as some other -core breakdowns. It leads into a great melodic part, too.

Singer has a great voice as well. Good rec. guys!

I listened to the two songs that Lost in Thought has up on their MySpace. Very good sound. There is a definite metalcore influence in their sound. Not necessarily a bad thing, as it reminds me more of Into Eternity than Acacia Strain. First song (Blood Red Diamond) has a breakdown, but in the song it fits and is not as overtly annoying as some other -core breakdowns. It leads into a great melodic part, too.

Glad you like the songs, though I absolutely can't understand the metalcore influence comment. They are a melodic progressive metal band, in the vein of Circus Maximus, Seventh Wonder and Pagan's Mind. There's definitely some guitar crunch, heavy and faster parts here and there... but metalcore? :lol:

I just want to avoid people avoiding the band based on your description. Though I am not saying you're wrong, I'll just respectfully but strongly disagree. lol

>doesn't know what hardcore is

>"it has hardcore influences LOL"

I hear it, too. Nothing blatant and definitely not the main focus, but it's there. But it's not the garbage metalcore...it's the good metalcore hehe. Otherwise, I wouldn't like it.

It even says in their bio on the Intromental page that they combine "the elements of progressive rock/metal, melodic metal-core and symphonic metal to create their unique and epic sound"...