So, I got the DVD

MadTinus said:
I think it's quite funny how he's looking at his mic all the time when he's not singing ;).

Mabey if he were to really dress up like the Gwar dudes and have lots of corpse paint all over his face and mabey wear old pilots goggles with dark tented lenses it would help..................................

Fuck who am I kidding, that would be funny as fuck but really really dumb.
:lol:

i thought the dvd was awsome.and as for jonas,his pressence suits him.his voice is fragile and morose,and he seems the part.lets face it katatonia isnt a glam rock band.they are a miserable and depressing.it would be out of place for them to dance around like jack asses.
the dvd is awsome, and when they played murder and jonas did grims,i almost shat my pants.
rock the fuck on guys.its a great release.
Aust

Anagnorisis said:
i thought the dvd was awsome.and as for jonas,his pressence suits him.his voice is fragile and morose,and he seems the part.lets face it katatonia isnt a glam rock band.they are a miserable and depressing.it would be out of place for them to dance around like jack asses.
the dvd is awsome, and when they played murder and jonas did grims,i almost shat my pants.
rock the fuck on guys.its a great release.
Aust
Agreed Louisville.
Who is going to be at the Krazyfest this year? Katatonia? hahahaha

It's a pity, but just about every metal video in existence suffers from a rapid shot change. It's as if the people shooting the videos don't understand metal and think that because it's hard and fast that the shots should be also. Which is terrible, because I think metal in general should have a relaxed approach to shooting, because after all, metal fans are into the band for their music, not for how flashy a video is going to be.

As soon as directors learn that fact the better.

STOP FLASHING THE FUCKING CAMERA. We want to see the band because we're fans with reasonable amounts of intelligence. We won't loose our attention after 5 seconds of the same shot.

Anagnorisis said:
krazyfest and initial records no longer exist............and im from memphis, i just live in ky

I went to the first one when Dillinger Escape Plan,Bane played.
It was at the water tower thing just to the east of downtown on the river.
Nice place but a little out of the way.
Lemme know if anything comes your way In Memphis. I'll drive down.
Got to see Dillinger Escape Plan/Mastodon down there and
Dillinger/Candiria also. Great BBQ down that way.

Black Tears said:
How does the DVD compare to lets say...(audio and video-wise)

Live Damage- Dark Tranquillity
Opeth- Lamentations
Anathema- The Vision of a Dying Embrace

I'm just afraid the DVD is gonna be sorta low-end bootleg quality pertaining to the video and audio :confused:

Sound is as good as DT and Opeth (havent heard anathemass) It is quite good, filmed at a venue in poland that everyone seems to like doing live dvds at.

Cerulean said:
Btw, I noticed something weird. During Teargas, there's a moment where you can see Fred Norman tuning his guitar, while you can hear the chords being played (same chords as during intro). So it must've been added afterwards, or it was pre-recorded, or it was the director who put a wrong shot up there. He does play it during the intro. Anders plays the high notes btw.

I noticed this, too. Kind of strange...

Also, I got shafted! Instead of a Disc 1, Disc 2, and the DVD, I got two Disc 1's and the DVD. Shit.

^So you did get two 1's and no 2??hahaha . You were so proud asking if anyone wanted to buy a disc one! :lol: I guess there is a copy out there floating around with
two #2 discs and no #1. You two will have to get together. Mabey you can
hope for a great looking Opposite Sex type of person!
Hey wait a minute, I want that too dammit! You lucky asshole!

Back to Wait Outside, the opening riff really does sound like a stoner band. I was like...wait...this is Katatonia? I actually love the song, it's highly addictive, but I can see how it would be cut from an album....it's not really consistent with their style so far.

Is it just me or does repeated viewings of the DVD are causing me to have eye strain and headaches.?
I mean it could bring on a fuckin siezure or some shit like that.

It's definitely too flashy. I want to see a couple of riffs played; a couple of drum beats and fills completed; a full verse sung by Jonas without interuption.

It is a great quality though.

Check out the new Amon Amarth video to see a terrible case of camera gymnastics.

Cerulean said:
Argh, are you serious?
Especially in Murder it's so bad I can't watch it. As if all the camera guys are bumping around or something.
I also noticed other amateuristic stuff like once there is a shot where a camera man moves his camera in squares so Jonas his head goes from corner to corner... wtf o_O
Anyway, at least the picture quality is perfect...

To whom it may concern,

WTF are you on about with this DVD? What did you exactly expect? A Mel Gibson/Hollywood type of filming/production? It's a live metal show for cyring out loud and a pretty good one at that. I'm no film maker but You complaining about the camera man making some wrong moves is laughable. If anything it was those that mixed the video (Katatonia) and not those that took the shots. You kids are too spoiled and dont' deserve to be watching/listening Katatonia. Better stick to watching Hollywood production and not metal shows if you're that damn picky.

As far as the crowd goes, some of you certainly must have not been to Katatonia shows nor would know how to react to live music. This isn't exactly bang your head 100 mph and run in a cricle like a headless chicken kind of music.

Tomasz said:
To whom it may concern,

WTF are you on about with this DVD? What did you exactly expect? A Mel Gibson/Hollywood type of filming/production? It's a live metal show for cyring out loud and a pretty good one at that. I'm no film maker but You complaining about the camera man making some wrong moves is laughable. If anything it was those that mixed the video (Katatonia) and not those that took the shots. You kids are too spoiled and dont' deserve to be watching/listening Katatonia. Better stick to watching Hollywood production and not metal shows if you're that damn picky.

As far as the crowd goes, some of you certainly must have not been to Katatonia shows nor would know how to react to live music. This isn't exactly bang your head 100 mph and run in a cricle like a headless chicken kind of music.

Haha.....I pretty much agree with you accept the part about the mixing of the DVD being Katatonia......I dont think that they had too many choices when it comes down to it.....they only can put out what the camera captures....and I doubt that they mixed it down themselves.......but anyone that likes Blut Aus is a friend of mine......so its cool......

Deliverance6 said:
Haha.....I pretty much agree with you accept the part about the mixing of the DVD being Katatonia......I dont think that they had too many choices when it comes down to it.....they only can put out what the camera captures....and I doubt that they mixed it down themselves.......but anyone that likes Blut Aus is a friend of mine......so its cool......

I'm sure they had to give final approval. As far as mixing the back of the DVD holder says it was mixed by Katatonia and some guy. That guy probably being some king of editing engineer being told by Anders and Jonas what they want to see.

Tomasz said:
To whom it may concern,

What the fuck is your problem!!?? Just because it's a metal show doesn't mean the quality should be shit!! Look at the Opeth DVD for example, the shots are nearly perfect. That's all I'm asking: good recording quality, soundwise AND picture wise. I think that's got nothing to do with your silly Hollywood remarks. And those "laughable wrong moves" are not quite professional at all, it looks like some random guys were given cameras for the first time and they were free to do with it what they wanted.
And I'm pretty sure the band would agree, why would they say it wasn't good enough for an official DVD release anyway??

Tomasz said:
I'm sure they had to give final approval. As far as mixing the back of the DVD holder says it was mixed by Katatonia and some guy. That guy probably being some king of editing engineer being told by Anders and Jonas what they want to see.

I think your right.....this was a bonus DVD....not an official DVD release.....BONUS...so I think all of the comparisons to other DVD releases mean nothing in this situation....CERULEAN....when the official DVD comes out then you can compare it to OPETH....otherwise I think your expecting too much....

As far as the mixing goes....noone knows if Anders and Jonas had a whole lot to do with it...so I think to assume that they were calling all of the shots is invalid as well.....they will have control of the official DVD release.....thats why it has taken so long to get that one made....they didnt want to release something that was going to dissapoint anyone........I think that the reason they released this is because of their label anyways......when Brave Yesterdays came out I think I remember Anders saying that Peaceville was the ones with the idea for that....not Katatonia.....I am assuming that this is the same case.....

Either way.....I dont care who likes the DVD or not.......now I let you guys argue this one out by yourselves......

gatedropper said:
I went to the first one when Dillinger Escape Plan,Bane played.
It was at the water tower thing just to the east of downtown on the river.
Nice place but a little out of the way.
Lemme know if anything comes your way In Memphis. I'll drive down.
Got to see Dillinger Escape Plan/Mastodon down there and
Dillinger/Candiria also. Great BBQ down that way.

i was at that dillinger show about 3 years ago at a place called the palace i think......i moved to ky about a year later.theres not much goin on down there ,neither in ky either.but ill keep you posted if anything changes.