So I'm watching "Metalhead"....on the Gospel Music Channel?!?

powermetal2000

The Power Of Metal
So I'm scrolling through the channels tonight and I come across a show called "Metalhead" on a channel listed as GMC. I click info and all it says is "heavy metal videos". Hmm, sounds cool to me. I put it on and in the corner of the screen it says "Gospel Music Channel". I've been watching for the last 40 minutes and I feel like I'm watching Headbanger's Ball, well a Christain version anyway. Although it's been nothing but metalcore bands and 1 death metal vids so far I'm gonna keep watching and hope for some Divinefire or Theocracy. Christain or not, it's all metal to me.Here's a link to the show page. It doesn't say much though.http://www.gospelmusicchannel.com/index.php?content=shows&em1369=54124__0__0_~0

:err:

:Smug:

Well I hate to burst your bubble, but the only videos of Theocracy you'll be seeing for the time being is on YouTube in the practice room with the former bassist. :lol:

Though it would be cool as mess to make a video. I never knew the gospel channel had it in 'em!

I think I've caught this program before. It's a great show, I agree! I spent many years with my only source of metal being the Christian heavy music scene, so perhaps I'm biased. :lol:

Vengenace Rising (old), Believer, Mortification, Tourniquet, Living Sacrifice, at least Barren Cross?
n020.gif

Yeah :( :ill:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Extol yet! Or Deliverance. Or Rackets and Drapes. Or, or or... there's plenty we could talk about.

My favorite was Sacred Warrior -- they had a sound similar to early Queensryche. Wish I knew what happened to them...I'd love to replace my two cassettes with CDs!

Is the question mark disc really metal? :err: I'm talking about ball squeezin', 80s thrash metal my friend. Not this noodlin', prog stuff that you listen to! :lol: :p

~Brian~

Hey, I don't don't want to know what your doing with your balls. Keep it PG here. :loco:

Weapons was one of the very best....along with Tourniquet's Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance and Psycho Surgery. What about Stay Of Execution too???? Saviour Machine I.....list goes on.

Juicy tidbit....HW recently recorded drum tracks for a cover version of "Carnival Of Souls" by Saviour Machine for *possible* future release. Hmm.....

=)

Weapons was one of the very best....along with Tourniquet's Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance and Psycho Surgery. What about Stay Of Execution too???? Saviour Machine I.....list goes on.

Juicy tidbit....HW recently recorded drum tracks for a cover version of "Carnival Of Souls" by Saviour Machine for *possible* future release. Hmm.....

=)

I never was much of a Tourniquet fan. Stay of Execution was a cool album by Deliverance for sure. I have all of Saviour Machine's stuff, so I'm a big fan. Carnival of Souls is a cool song, so I'd like to hear that.

~Brian~

=)

Tourniquet's 'Carry the Wounded' EP was one of the first extreme Christian cds I bought, along ith Mortification's 'Blood World'! 'Vanishing Lessons' is my favorite and believe it or not 'Crawl to China' is high on my list too!

Deliverance... what can I say? Well, I can brag about being in the front row for their reunion show at Cornerstone Festival 2000 or 2001, and video-taping it! :D Amazing!

Saviour Machine - OH HOW I LOVE THIS BAND! I've seen them twice now, once was the infamous Halloween '99 show in Chicago, the other was supposedly their last U.S. show ever at Cornerstone 2001. I missed most of the set because I was stanidng in line for autographs from the original line-up of Stryper! (what an awesome day! lol!) Anyway, SM is one of the most amazing bands to grace the earth, imo and I'm totally geeked that you guys are doing Carnival of Souls! I have autographs on a few of my Legend discs, and I got the pre-release special edition of Legend III:I.... but still no III:II .. sure hope it still comes out someday! It's been 6 years since III:II! Then again, we know what the material will be about since it's been around for 2000 years :lol:

:headbang:

My favorite was Sacred Warrior -- they had a sound similar to early Queensryche. Wish I knew what happened to them...I'd love to replace my two cassettes with CDs!

Sacred Warrior rocks! They have a Myspace page. The first Christian Metal band I saw was Deliverance on Headbangers Ball! Our Weapons of Warfare STILL rocks! They play any Sea of Dreams? OH I just posted a thread on this Christian Female Fronted band named HB. I think they can definitely be put on the same level up there with Within Temptation, Epica, and Delain in terms of quality. If you want you can check them out here:

http://www.myspace.com/hbennemusic

and

hbmusic.net