Spreading The Gospel

i believe that my right thumb is god himself. i shower praise and thanks on my thumb, despite no evidence of it being a god. i formed a cult that worships my right thumb as a god, and this cult is even tax exempt, and i tell people all the time about my great cult worship of my right thumb. this stupid thing ive just said, is exactly the same as christianity and other faiths, except more people will probably laugh at mine or tell me im an idiot, even though there is exactly the same level of evidence for both: 0

do you wonder why religion pisses me off then?

i believe that my right thumb is god himself. i shower praise and thanks on my thumb, despite no evidence of it being a god. i formed a cult that worships my right thumb as a god, and this cult is even tax exempt, and i tell people all the time about my great cult worship of my right thumb. this stupid thing ive just said, is exactly the same as christianity and other faiths, except more people will probably laugh at mine or tell me im an idiot, even though there is exactly the same level of evidence for both: 0

do you wonder why religion pisses me off then?

All i can tell you is that science is the same thing. Pretty paradoxical, your dennying concepts with concepts. Anyway, science and religion deal with different spheres of the reality, they're immensurable.

science deals with the physical, tangible truths that exist in this world. everything science endorses is true and correct at that period of time due to available evidence. the theory of gravity might not exist, but its existence is utilized in several maths-based physics formulas concerning things like, velocity of objects and orbital velocity, g force etc. it is depended upon by science to make judgments about our world that actually come out true.

religion on the other hand, deals with no truths. hey look here guys, its a book written by man but its actually the word of god? no need for scientific backing or logic, lets just have faith! religion deals with no reality at all, its whole existence and purpose relies on being OUTSIDE of reality so that science cannot test it. thats why the burden of proof exists, and why we cannot disprove god

the fact that religion tried to persecute and deny science makes me want to puke my fucking guts out, its so sickening

I don't see the difference. Your concepts of science and religion are from many centuries ago. Im just trying to tell you that not everything is black or white, there's no truth, We could be wrong. In a scientific community i will need to know your sources, where do you get the information, what's the validity of your sources, and if your proposal is valid according to your sources, and many other things.

google it

u honestly cant see the difference between science, dealing with the real and present, and religion, dealing with what cant be proven/disproven?

Just be careful with dogmatism, that's all. Both science and religion operate in favour of those who have power. Sorry for my spelling, grammar, and so on, english isn't my native tongue.

science actually has a basis that can be discovered and reaffirmed by anyone willing to do so. religion doesn't, so fuck you.

1152824418432bt3.jpg

i beleive there is a jesus, but he just wasnt this crazy cunt who fuckin did crazy shit.......and he is now dead.....and he doesnt like me.......

S8n (he likes it spelt like that) is real though, we chat about opeth and death and stuff, great guy....hes a realist, not a faggy queen like the vicar of dibley

Im saying that they're the same in an ontological way(and if you look further, even in an epistemological aspect), science and religion are both ways of gave meaning to universe (existence). They're Tools that Humans Choose. So it's not the responsability of a whole world of concepts that mankind have created (science and religion) what humans do, that just what im saying. Many will choose religion, other will choose science, i choose humanity. Im not here to spread any Gospel (i don't believe in any).

hmmm....this thread has turned to shit

About Opeth sharing, I've done similar things. I've offered a few of my friends Ghost Reveries and Still Life together and they quickly became fans. One of them is actually in my band and now we're starting to write Opeth-inspired music.

I've spread the word among my friends. Mostly the soft stuff, I got a few of them into "burden" and the entire Damnation album. One of them also liked Steel's "Say Goodbye (To Love)" which was cool as hell. They normally listen to Bon Jovi and Buce Springsteen type stuff.