Spreading The Gospel

theres as much evidence of spirits as there is me being the messiah. if you are gonna believe in spirits and 'suspend' your logic, what other nutty things are you willing to believe?

yes you must cast down god and believe in the everlasting spirit of metal:mad:

I never seem to get anyone really hooked on Opeth.
Last reaction (after giving him Blackwater Park and sending him the Bleak Roundhouse Tapes vid on youtube) was:
"Yeah it's alright, but seems too slow to me"

:Smug:

My buddy is getting a baptism by fire. He's heard me play some Opeth and likes the music but the harder growling doesn't appeal to him. My wife flat out refuses to go to an Opeth concert with me so I recruited my buddy to go. I hope he survives. LOL!

you don't even really need to believe in a "Spirit" imo, i dont. but at the same time to feed my spirit too me is enlightning my consiousness(spelling??). expand your mind. but i think both are important really. vuashke is right.......i mean you can't live without food so farmers and the like do deserve respect. and we could live without any kind of leisure or say "arts". but it wouldnt be much of a life. imo it would be like an animals life, living on instinct and self preservation without down time.

but perhaps i missed the point on both ends.

still, a fun argument i suppose

a consciousness is different to the concept of a spirit. consciousness is just perception, awareness and responsiveness to the world. to be conscious is to understand the environment and the world and thus make judgments based on criteria and information. the spirit, in religious context, is a fictitious, or at the very least, unprovable part of the body, the 'inner part.' the part that controls our body, our thoughts. the part that goes to heaven. total bullshit of course, there has never been any proof or any evidence for this sort of shit and there never will be. if you are a christian, jew, muslim or whatever and you get offended by this, honestly i dont care because ridiculing someone that believes in a spirit is the same as ridiculing someone that thinks a left shoe is the messiah. its just stupid, and theres no reason to do it

consciousness and spirit are totally different, possibly opposite terms since the consciousness is based on personal perceptions and encounters, whereas the idea of 'spirit' has no grounding in the physical world.

if we are talking about 'spirit', the sense of motivation, honour, code etc. then yes i believe in that sort of spirit, like the spirit of a football team or something, but i dont believe in a 'soul', i dont see why i should. by all means, enlighten me

I don't even believe in god, im not religious at all, must say that i consider myself an agnostic. But i dont support your kind of proposal or belief vuashke (the dogmatism of science), because, i believe, you despise a vast amount of things that are important to a lot of people, you put yourself in some sort of "superior step" from which you look down on people. So your behaviour (in this forum) towards religion is actually annoying me.