• Miked

Votes: 23 15.6%
  • Mic'd

Votes: 92 62.6%

• Total voters

CatharsisStudios

trcksngsrpbngs
Jun 25, 2008
seriously? how do type it, because i've typed atleast all 3 in once sentance before and its getting a bit annoying on my end

and no i am not high.

Hahaha, a valid question - personally, I usually write mic'ed, though anything except "miked" is fine by me (there's no k godammit :lol: )

Tradtionally, it would be "put a microphone on" whatever you're talking about (IE I put a microphone on my cabinet, drum, voice, balls (troof), etc).

Since mic is a contraction of the word microphone, and microphone isn't a verb, none of them are correct.

I say mic'd because I like big black cock, FTR.

Hahaha, a valid question - personally, I usually write mic'ed, though anything except "miked" is fine by me (there's no k godammit :lol: )

The "proper" term would presumably be 'microphoned', so it should be mic'd. The apostrophe indicates the contraction of the word 'phone' bit - so leaving the 'e' in there is technically wrong. It really makes fuck all difference though, as long as you consistently uses the same variant everyone knows what you mean.

Steve

Tradtionally, it would be "put a microphone on" whatever you're talking about (IE I put a microphone on my cabinet, drum, voice, balls (troof), etc).

Since mic is a contraction of the word microphone, and microphone isn't a verb, none of them are correct.

I say mic'd because I like big black cock, FTR.

Thats a total lie! Theres only one cock made for Jeff.:headbang:

Mic'ed here.

seriously? how do type it, because i've typed atleast all 3 in once sentance before and its getting a bit annoying on my end

and no i am not high.

According to dictionary.com it is "miked"

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/miked

–verb (used with object)
Informal. to supply or amplify with one or more microphones; attach a microphone to: to mike a singer.
–verb (used without object)
Informal. to use or position a microphone: to mike properly when recording a singer.