So, lots of the STICKY threads have been removed...

Yeah they are at least 100 times better then dimmu borgir

I simply can not get into Dimmu Borgir.
I have tried a couple of times, and seen them live once too.
They have never clicked with me.

I only heard one Old Man's Chili track on a comp a while back.
It was quite decent from what I recall, tho I am no expert when it comes to this genre

I just want to go on record (about twenty posts too late) and mention that I think Dark Tranquillity is the best live band in their genre. I wasn't too into their stuff -- I thought it was all pretty much cookie-cutter In Flames/ATG-ish metal -- until I saw them live for the first time. Now I'm addicted.

By the way... the show where I first saw them was at the Vic, supporting Nile and Napalm Death. This was the best death/grind related show I have ever seen... Strapping Young Lad played too. I'm sure some of you were there. \m/

I just want to go on record (about twenty posts too late) and mention that I think Dark Tranquillity is the best live band in their genre.
I've been a DT fan since "Projector". About the same time, I caught on to In Flames. I've always preferred DT. However, after seeing them both, several time, I don't even think it's a fair comparison. Say what you will about how they've sold out, In Flames is without question, one of the great live bands.

Zod

Say what you will about how they've sold out, In Flames is without question, one of the great live bands.

I agree with In Flames being a great live band, but I will say that I think Mikael Stanne is a better frontman than Ander(z) Friden. I've never seen Stanne fail to deliver the goods in terms of both energy & focus as well as having the ability to keep the crowd involved. Simply a great frontman.

Jason

By the way... the show where I first saw them was at the Vic, supporting Nile and Napalm Death. This was the best death/grind related show I have ever seen... Strapping Young Lad played too. I'm sure some of you were there. \m/

I was at this show as well, though it wasn't my first time for DT. ;)

It was an amazing package...and I even got to eat with Gene Hoglan and Devin Townsend at the old Muskie's on the corner. THAT was a trip. Gene was one of the nicest people I ever met.