So, Midnight's "Sakada" is a s*%t album

Wow... hmmmm...

It did take me until about the second listen to develop an appreciation for Sakada. Yes, it is not your usual cup of tea, but there is lots to like about it.

Reading this thread, people are overreacting. I do not find anything objectionable about the album. It may not be metal, but that definitely does not make it bad. I do not understand a lot of the reasoning of those who call it "shit." I was a bit iffy about Incubus the first time around, but it grew on me. Lost Boy is wonderful. Miss Katie, Little Marry Sunshine are so fun! And The Cat Song cracks me up every time. I like the spacy, quirky, different style others complain about. Currently this ranks as one of the better releases of the year.

woosta said:
I'm just sayin', why are you bitching about Midnight like he just fucked your sister? He made a cd you didn't like and a cd that you bought blind without any investigation. Personally, I don't care if you drown your sorrows in a bottle or drive off a cliff. I'm just sayin' that if I got pissed everytime I got a cd that I didn't like, hell, I'd have had a coronary by now. The only person I would get pissed at is me because I could have taken 5 seconds and educated myself rather than act out later over something that I have no control over. I'm not tellin' you how to feel Mr. Falling Down. Do your thing.

I was reading (from the beginning) the posts that started this whole thread...and noticed a couple of things...

(1) I never expressed any kind of anger toward this album...

(2) Why the fuck am I catching grief from someone who only downloaded 2 tracks, and, essentially, had the same original opinion as I..."I don't really know where I'd be finding a need to hear these songs."

(3) Pick on Walt...he's the subversive bastard that started this debate...

(4) I think that may be the problem... How do you know Midnight didn't fuck my sister?

Rock on!

Yeah, Walt, quit stirring shit around here. What's the matter with you anyway? We were trying to have a simple discussion here until you butted in.

And I know Midnight didn't fuck your sister because he was busy fucking Walt's mama. Yeah, let's have a go at Walt now; that rabble rousing bastard! :)

Anyway, Ashaman, I hope that cd grows on you to the point that you don't feel ripped off. It could if you've been a fan of midnight I guess!

woosta said:
Anyway, Ashaman, I hope that cd grows on you to the point that you don't feel ripped off. It could if you've been a fan of midnight I guess!

See...now I know you're just fucking with me at this point. I believe that I've already indicated that I'm a rather big fan of Midnight, which only increased my frustration level at the album.

Anyway...all this cockfight mumbo-jumbo aside...the inhabitants of this forum are probably disregarding this post, along with Midnight's album...which is a shame. In my original post, the only thing I said was that it had it's moments, which it truly does. Aside from a couple of songs that drone on pointlessly, there is some fun (typically psychotic) Midnight material and some truly beautiful moments on the album as well. Don't expect metal (don't even expect rock)...and please know that it is going to be eclectic (for lack of a better term). My biggest complaint is that Midnight seems to have given up on "singing" and is content to emote in his whiny, cranky twang (much the way Ralf Scheepers will go in his old age...hehe)...

All told, though...a must have for any CG fan...just know what you're getting into.

And...by the way...I talked to my sister, and Midnight didn't fuck her. Hey, she moved to Florida last summer...it coulda happened.....!

Rock on!

I'll say this for Midnight, he won me over as a fan at Alice Cooper'stown during his acoustic set at BWBK. I've never really cared for the CG stuff so much, but DAMN, did he sing. I don't think he's given up on the singing based on that performance. I guess he's just "spreading his artistic wings" a bit. He'll come around based on what I saw and heard! He's GOT to!!!

woosta said:
I'll say this for Midnight, he won me over as a fan at Alice Cooper'stown during his acoustic set at BWBK. I've never really cared for the CG stuff so much, but DAMN, did he sing.

That was how I felt at the now-infamous Midnight at 6am 'session' on the Fairfield's patio...... I'd heard some CG and it didn't really stand out for me, not really my style. But that early-morning, Midnight slayed us all.

woosta said:
Yeah, Walt, quit stirring shit around here. What's the matter with you anyway? We were trying to have a simple discussion here until you butted in.

And I know Midnight didn't fuck your sister because he was busy fucking Walt's mama. Yeah, let's have a go at Walt now; that rabble rousing bastard! :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:worship:

If Midnight did fuck my momma, then good for her. That old cunt needs some cock real bad, I'm sure. :D

Weeeeee.... I knew this thread would be a hot topic. Quite a few highly opiniated folks out there right? So, as if my opinion matters, my take on the album is I like it, but with some reservations. It is a bold step, and I will argue with anyone on that point. He could've done a new C.G. album, but he didn't. Midnight probably had some things to say, and saw this album as a good way to say them. After all, he is an artist, and as such is not bound by any rules other than self respect in regards to quality of material released. There are some very innovative things going on with Sakada. Interesting song structures, unique rhythms, and at times unique lyrics. I am guessing that, since it isn't a METAL album, that is why CG and other metal fans are not happy. There are, however, many other genres of music besides metal, and Midnight has simply chosen to explore a few of them. Psychedelia and hard rock are a couple favorites of mine, so that helps me to accept the album. The only real problem I have with Sakada is the guitar work is a bit sloppy at times, and a few times Midnight's vocal phrasing is off IMO. My opinion about most albums usually changes over time, so don't hold me to this take on things in five years. BTW to those blowing a gasket over this issue, relax... life is grand. Hell in a few months we all get to see the sixth installment of the best (by far) metal festival in the U.S. :worship:

BenMech said:
Agree and discuss.

My thoughts on 'SAKADA' -- It really is out there!

Midnight returns with an album that just hovers in this real bizarre world - very surreal and uncanny. This is so unlike his past work, as well as far away from whatever is going on in the music scene nowadays. Midnight is definitely in his own space with 'Sakada' Its a surreal journey consisting odd arrangements, ballads and psychedelic-tinged songs and a real mindfuck on many levels. The atmosphere and the vocal delivery alone make this a real unusual ride through songs that could have easily been by the books

:worship: :worship: :worship:

I posted earlier on this thread after I had heard only one song "Miss Katie" and said it was good. Some people you cant say an album is good after only hearing one song. Well recently I received the whole album, and the one song was definitely correct. I really really love this album. The lyrical content is good, some of its funny other parts are just so weird.

I bet barking pumpking would like this album it is really progressive and not in your typical way