So...Opeth DVD...

bah, we already have 2 pro shot vids from festivals thats streamed, pretty neat quality too... they better fucking start rehearsings and play some different songs.. sick of seeing them playing almost the same setlist for 3 years... damnation set, couldnt care less..

hehehe I've got my tickets too.

would be nice to see them play some different songs.... songs I imagine we'll see for sure are:

leper affinity/godheads lament, bleak maybe, serenity painted death (dead cert) advent, deliverance, demon of the fall (not playing that would be like..... blasphemous) drapery falls, the usual stuff. As its for a dvd, I imagine they'll pull out all the stops and play a nice variety of stuff.

and if the dvd doesn't have the entire full length concert (ie, sucky editing) I'll go mad. feel free to remove the five minute tuning sessions though.

I'd really, really love to see some kind of a documentary like on the great kreator live kreation dvd. Opeth must have made a bit of cash by now, inject some back into this potentially awesome dvd and give us even more than we ask for.

Akerfeldt knows whats good..... I doubt it'll suck.

I do care a bit that the sets they are gonna play are gonne be from the D1/D2 tours, but asking for Opeth to play Black Rose Immortal, The Moor, April Ethereal, and the Twilight is My Robe is like asking for too much. I'm greatly satisified there will be a DVD, but there is always that urge to want them to play something rare.

I think they'll play the same show (Damnation) two times on one day, so they will have a good performance of every song. They can choose between two. Every band does that, at least make a few recordings. And I think with their budget it's better to do it on one day.

AbsentFriend said:
I think they'll play the same show (Damnation) two times on one day, so they will have a good performance of every song. They can choose between two. Every band does that, at least make a few recordings. And I think with their budget it's better to do it on one day.

hm.. i don't think so.. I think their skills are good enough to record it only once, but two different sets, like a heavier and a mellow set...

But maybe Mikael can anwser this for us?

Could you imagine is they went all out,and got a big director to film this show,like scorcese with the last waltz!

That would rule.

Nogie said:
oh man if its only songs from d&d i'm not going to buy this thing
but yeah, great for them i guess

It won't be songs only from Deliverance & Damnation I presume,since they play the other softer songs along with the Damnation set and I think that the other set will be much alike to the ones on Deliverance tour,hopefully with some rare stuff in between.

Those Eeyore's ears are making me paranoid. Cute otherwise though.

janwesterm said:
hm.. i don't think so.. I think their skills are good enough to record it only once, but two different sets, like a heavier and a mellow set...

But maybe Mikael can anwser this for us?

yeah Mike, what's the deal?

I'd give my left nut for live versions of Benighted and Face Melinda, as played on the last tour.

The other nut would go to live versions of Leper, Advent, Godheat, Serenity, Demon.