So the new EZX is called: (also: Andy Sneap presets etc)

I think he gained experience and knowledge from this process as he himself pointed out. Took him out of his comfort zone.
Totally respect him for doing this.
And how can you be unhappy with the sounds if you aint bought them?

Tried it out yesterday, some cool shit but nothing I would probably use in any of my productions. I still prefered my Avatar preset more.

Also worth noticing, the presets are mixed to be used as a stereo output. If you choose multi-output you'll pretty much have to take care of all your volumes and busses by yourself.

odd comments by matt there, im not uncomfortable with it at all, You shouldn't be so negative. I think its a great tool and I do use it for writing, arranging. Mattias wanted to really show me how in depth you could go with superior so having him there for a few days so we could bounce ideas off each other was good for both of us. I wouldn't use it on a pro album if I have a real drummer but for some of you guys who can't do that I think its ideal.

odd comments by matt there, im not uncomfortable with it at all, You shouldn't be so negative. I think its a great tool and I do use it for writing, arranging. Mattias wanted to really show me how in depth you could go with superior so having him there for a few days so we could bounce ideas off each other was good for both of us. I wouldn't use it on a pro album if I have a real drummer but for some of you guys who can't do that I think its ideal.

We understand that.
For what it is it's great! Good job! Next up would be the Andy Sneap SDX kit! :headbang:

we are talking about maybe doing that in the future and also with grooves etc from drummers I am working with. It'd be easy to tag an extra couple of days onto a session while we have everything set up.

that would be cool indeed! My laptop-metal studio needs more drums.

:lol:
I think the presets sound great. I'm getting back to tracking drummers with my e-kit, so the more sounds I can load up in a click and impress the clients right off the bat, the better. Obviously when it comes time to mix the songs things change but you know what I'm getting at.

Hahah, I'm watching the video right now and it's hilarious seeing Andy try to verbalize his honest feelings without insulting the software. I get the impression that the verdict is:

-If you can swing it, record a real drummer.
-If you don't have the time/budget this stuff is pretty good.... but not perfect.
-Don't use the on-board processing.

Nice reference to the preset guys on the forum too :lol:

Andy, I totally agree with Ermz here. He said it all. It is hilarious watching you try to be honest about your feelings without insulting the software.

Im sure most of us would prefer a real drummer in a nice room played by a great drummer but sadly most of us don't have that available to us...as stated in the video....it IS the next best thing. I really don't understand all the whining. Don't like it? Don't buy it & don't post about it.

Im sure most of us would prefer a real drummer in a nice room played by a great drummer but sadly most of us don't have that available to us...as stated in the video....it IS the next best thing. I really don't understand all the whining. Don't like it? Don't buy it & don't post about it.

Yeah, I am a drummer...have a kit, cymbals, drum rack, Axis pedals etc. But I don't have a nice room, with nice mics & pres.
What I do have is an e-kit. It absolutely rocks when using SD2.0.
WIN!

Andy, I totally agree with Ermz here. He said it all. It is hilarious watching you try to be honest about your feelings without insulting the software.

I think he was just being honest, period. there are a lot of douchebags that would have gotten on video and claimed that superior with these presets would blow your mind and that you'd be the next andy sneap etc.

he wasn't skirting the issue. he was just keeping it real. I'm sure most of us can appreciate that. truth is advertising isn't something we are used to.

Matt, I had no intentions of insulting the software, I think its great. I do think the eq / comp/ rev is limited, I told mattias this but as we all have these within our daw , I know I'd use other stuff. But like I say, the point of the exercise was to give people a go to preset that would start them in an ok place using solely the onboard processing and sounds from metal foundry.

Sounds great in the mix. I also think Andy was very honest and I agree with what he says about the use of this plugin. I also use e-kit with real cymbals since I don't have a killer acoustic drumset with new skins, just the average but when it comes to recording albums, not demos, I only use custom/not popular samples and not much quantization, just correcting very low or noticeable out of tempo hits.

edit: great work, Mr. Sneap