So, today I learned my lesson about buying on eBay

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
As some of you may have caught on from earlier posts, I ordered a pair of Event ASP8 speakers over ebay.

Those speakers finally arrived today. Imagine my joy at unpacking the boxes, only to find that the rear of each box has 2 inputs, neither of which are XLR or TRS. Yes, they sent passive models instead of the actives advertised on the listing.

So, for you guys to benefit from my perpetual lack of luck with purchases such as these, please keep these things in mind for the future:

1) Always scrutinize and make sure there are pictures of the item on a listing rather than just manufacturer photos.

2) Ask a ton of questions ahead of time, even if they are seemingly obvious.

3) Never buy anything from Australia. Everyone here is scum.

Hope you guys have a better day than I. Cheers.

EDIT: It seems all good for now. The seller has agreed to send a courier to bring the correct speaker and pick up the incorrect one.

Hahaha, I got a good chuckle out of #3 Ermz :lol: But bummer dude, that really sucks - is the seller gonna accept a return? And do you have a link to the original listing? I'm just curious to see how ambiguous it was

Thats why I only try to buy from reputable dealers on eBay - but even still you get screwed sometimes. I shouldn't complain though, I've got some of the best imaginable deals from eBay and Craigslist.

Hope you get that straightened away. I've always had good luck on eBay, going back to around 1999. Until this week, that is. I had the same sort of issue - a "new" Seagate hard drive I bought for my laptop to replace the one that up and died on me turned out to be plenty used, and returning "imminent failure" messages as soon as it booted.

Thankfully, everything else I've bought has been great, including the FP10 I got last month that's practically brand new.

@Marcus: Yeah, here's the listing: *edited*

I'm glad you're at least getting some amusement out of it. I'm so down. Been waiting for these for over a week now, to finish off a mix, but screwed hard once again.

@Morgoe: At the price I paid, a passive model is significantly overpriced. I am most certainly getting a refund, with the sellers co-operation or without.

@Everyone else: This is the first time I've had issues like this over eBay. So I'm sort of in the same boat as you guys. Usually the deals are good, but this is just a little more than ridiculous. Almost kicked in a wall when I saw the back panel on the boxes.

Oh yeah, and it lists all the specs for the powered versions, if nothing else including XLR and TRS inputs, so you have an airtight case that the dude mislead you - hopefully they'll accept 'em back and give you a full refund, so you won't have to go through the tediousness of filing a claim and all that nonsense! Sorry about this though man, it really must suck :erk:

lets see if they're sending the right ones to u my fren... correctly this time!! I hope never get this luck when purchasing thru ebay the next time... these past yrs all went well to me.

Ha, let's hope the next courier doesn't bring you a pair of Truths. Seriously though, that's a bummer and I really hope they get it right and you're happy with the speakers :)

The second delivering is just hilarious... Seems like the guy who whas packing it didn't see the back side of the monitors, or he was just tired and said... baaah, that's ok...

Sorry for this shit, unlickily it happens more than we'd like...