So...using Facebook to promote yourself / your studio

I don't really know which type of profile is best, mine was called "lokales Geschäft" which would be something like "local business" in english.
There aren't that much options, really. Either musician/public figure/comedian or concern, local business,.. don't know them all.
I liked "local business" because you can enter adress, telephone and parking area :lol: But the differences aren't big.

If you register your studio as a "normal person", the adress is facebook.com/YOURNAMEHERE
Business sites are always facebook.com/pages/YOURNAMEHERE/stupid*number*

If you register your studio as a "normal person", the adress is facebook.com/YOURNAMEHERE
Business sites are always facebook.com/pages/YOURNAMEHERE/stupid*number*

Actually, as soon as you get 25 *likes* you can get your own custom name, I've done that with my company website.

You have to *like* the page with your personal account, and then make yourself an admin to the business site. At that point, you can go to http://www.facebook.com/username while logged in under your personal account and you'll see the business page you are admin for; just select it and pick a custom URL.

Actually, as soon as you get 25 *likes* you can get your own custom name, I've done that with my company website.

You have to *like* the page with your personal account, and then make yourself an admin to the business site. At that point, you can go to http://www.facebook.com/username while logged in under your personal account and you'll see the business page you are admin for; just select it and pick a custom URL.
Didn't know that, thanks.
The business site is already connected to my personal facebook, so I hope I will be able to change the url anyway. I'll see.. just need some more guys to "like" the page :saint:

A link to mine is in my signature. I love the root music thing. For $1 a month I get a sweet banner, which is awesome for advertising stuff like the offer I have going at the moment.

I don't wanna do the wrong thing (as when it was myspace time, when you would create a normal profile whereas you should have created a music page but you didn't know how to etc)..

So how do you do such a page ? Do you create a new account from scratch, or do you create it from your normal fb profile and link to it ? I see there is the "create a page" button, so are those accounts not accounts but just a "page" you manage ? I see "band/artist", and also "business". Is that the way to go to promote a studio or a band ? Which are the possibilities ? Because I know you can create : accounts, groups, pages. So I'm a bit lost in the whole possibilities.

I don't wanna do the wrong thing (as when it was myspace time, when you would create a normal profile whereas you should have created a music page but you didn't know how to etc)..

So how do you do such a page ? Do you create a new account from scratch, or do you create it from your normal fb profile and link to it ? I see there is the "create a page" button, so are those accounts not accounts but just a "page" you manage ? I see "band/artist", and also "business". Is that the way to go to promote a studio or a band ? Which are the possibilities ? Because I know you can create : accounts, groups, pages. So I'm a bit lost in the whole possibilities.

You can just create it from your regular facebook account. If you do it that way it will be a "page" instead of an account, but with a band page you can pay to promote the hell out of your band. Once you've created your page just click the 'Account' tab and then 'Use Facebook as Page' and you're good to go.

I work in marketing, mostly on social media, facebook & instagram ads, google campaigns, etc... and on my free time I have been helping promote a friend of mine who is a hip hop artist here in Mexico, he already has a few years of experience and even though I don't consider myself a hip hop fan, I really like a lot of his songs and think he's actually really good... anyway, back to my point, we have been running a lot of paid campaigns on FB and Ig, testing what works better, images, videos, no text, lyrics on them, etc. and lately we have been trying to get more attention with organic reach, and no paid ads.

I can offer some insights of what we have learned so far. Sadly there aren't as many insights as I would like, but hey, it's something! and if it can help you save some time or testing, that's good.

first of all content is key, you have to be really appealing, eye catching. We learned that normal life photos, photos that show you as a regular dude like everyone else, with a nice background usually get more likes, than a concert photo, no matter how cool the photo is, which was somehow strange for me, but what can you do?

when publishing videos for a song, what I can say is that if you trust your lyrics and have some really powerful phrases in there, put the lyrics or the phrase in the video of your song, whether is a story or a feed video, adding the lyrics we thought were good, really increased or number of clicks. in this case in particular, but was also useful for creating promotional images, we used some tools to produce more professional content. I do some design, but I am in no way a pro, so tools like canva or, in our case what we used was placeit because it has a specific section just of templates just for musicians that are quite useful. We made some images to promote gigs, but mainly we made short videos for stories and the news feed, that looked really good and gave the impression to have a lot of production, which like I said early on, eye-catching content is key.

Lastly, what I can say that worked well on the videos we created, was to try to have something unexpected in them, something funny or just silly, that would make people share them, and using phrases like the all-time classic "wait for it" in the copy of the post, this worked really good and got us a lot of likes and shares, but the something to keep in mind in here, is to not over do it, because it can get old really quick if you only do things like these.

Sorry for the long post but I really hope yo can get something out of this and it can help you have a clearer vision for what you want to achieve, and how to do it.