What are you guys using for website hosting/ creation?

mva801

Nov 18, 2009
Well the new year has come and I've decided to finally get a Facebook and a website to promote myself. I've been engineering professionally for over 6 years, and right now I have no way to give people a quick idea of me and my work. I always get asked if I have a website.

I already stay fairly busy but would like to network and pursue a little more work instead of just letting it come to me through word of mouth and the studio that I engineer at.

So what can you guys recommend? I know NOTHING about building a website. Anyone using Squarespace/ Wix or Weebly? Recommend going with a freelance web designer? Any other help?

I really just need a way to post a few pictures, few paragraphs about me, and a couple example mixes. Nothing too fancy.

I fiddled around for several months with various Wordpress templates that got me nowhere. Then about a month ago, decided to google around looking for the best current option, and saw Wix was referenced the most.

I really can't recommend it enough now, it's so incredibly intuitive, agile and straightforward in comparison. You can adjust literally everything you want with minimal effort (and no programming skills, if don't have any), there's a handy preview option, it has well-thought and clean templates to get you started, and there's explanatory help for every single element (not that is needed, because the building interface is so well made).

I just bought a yearly plan a couple days ago, and they include free domain for the first year; they seem to work quite closely with google searches and Adwords (which I've been paying on and off separately for a couple years for publicity, though I haven't gotten into that part just yet, as I'm finishing my content atm) and they offer a lot of other options (a number of them free) to better position your site and drive more traffic to it.

Awesome. I was kind of leaning toward Wix already. Wanted to get a few opinions from working pros about their pros/ cons.