So what about John Bush?

johnnyMT said:
I agree completely! Just look at the record sales, Among has gone platinum (I think) and Vol 8 and WCFYA have sold what? 4,000 copies each?
If John where in the band in 1987 and Joey in 1997, BushThrax would have sold more than BellaThrax and it's normal, it's not because it's was Joey and not John, it's because of the trend. Joey and John was 2 great singer and there era was 2 great era. If you're right they should sold 2 million if they do an album with the reunion lineup?? Not at all, 87 is over. Maiden dont sell today the same amount of album they have sold in 87. Same for Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, etc... :Smug:

spacebeer said:
LOL! "classics"......
It was call classics because they were write in the 80's, not because they were better. Metal was big in the 80's, not in the 90's wake up spacey, be fair and honnest and tell me if you trully think that they would have continue to be as big as they were in the 80's if they have keep Joey in the band?? I dont think, maybe they could be no more Anthrax today if they have kept him in the band. John have help them to past the 90's because he have a more modern and a more powerfull voice and he help making great musics. :Spin:

Personally I think that spacebeer has a point in the sense that Bush era Anthrax produced no "classic metal", they've written some classic songs, many of which piss on older Anthrax material but at this moment in time Bush era Anthrax hasn't been tagged as "revolutionary" although I wouldn't discount that in the future. I heard from a reliable source that recording of some description has begun for the next album which is great as I had started to wonder when exactly they were planning to tie up the loose ends of this lengthy birthday bash. Poor old John.. he must be fucking fuming.

Matt Bello said:
It was call classics because they were write in the 80's, not because they were better. Metal was big in the 80's, not in the 90's wake up spacey, be fair and honnest and tell me if you trully think that they would have continue to be as big as they were in the 80's if they have keep Joey in the band?? I dont think, maybe they could be no more Anthrax today if they have kept him in the band. John have help them to past the 90's because he have a more modern and a more powerfull voice and he help making great musics. :Spin:

I like both singers, but I got the vibe you were saying these old anthrax songs with joey are no more classics than bush era stuff?

Joey-era:
AIR
Lone Justice
Madhouse
Gung Ho
Among the Living
Caught in A Mosh
I Am the Law
Indians
NFL
I'm the Man
Be All, End All
Antisocial
Now It's Dark
Time
Keep it in the Family
Belly of the Beast
Got the Time
Bring the Noise

I can pick just about any song off that list and tell you it is more of a classic than bush era songs.

In my opinion every album with joey on vocals(STD, ATL, POT) except antisocial can waste any album with bush on vocals with the exception of sound of white noise and weve come for you all, their classic albums with bush.

We will see, I think Joey will kickm ass on record again....as he always did, now let´s hope the guys come up with some killer songs since it is true that Charlie en Scott are mostly resonsible for t5he songs and not either of the singers.....JOEY and DAN RULE!

jackson3124 said:
POT is a fuckin classic album! Time, Got the Time, Belly of the Beast, Discharge, and just about every other song on there!

Amen, I think POT is one of the best Thrash albums of the 90's right there behind Pantera albums.

I can listen to that entire album from begining to end, excellent album filled with classics.

John Bush era has NO classics. Nobody will give a shit about this Era when the book is closed on Anthrax

ironmaidenfan09 said:
Amen, I think POT is one of the best Thrash albums of the 90's right there behind Pantera albums.

I can listen to that entire album from begining to end, excellent album filled with classics.

John Bush era has NO classics. Nobody will give a shit about this Era when the book is closed on Anthrax

No offence to any Bush fans but I totally agree with this message.

For me, John Bush era Anthrax was like a pseudo, 'too trendy to be thrash' Anthrax that I never quite got.

spacebeer said:
Now I guess you really mastered the fine art of discussing.....HAHAHA, try and pass your exams with answers like that! I guess you haven;t passed any based on your arguing skills.
Out of two disputers one is always a bastard , another is an idiot. Alex, sorry, you're a fucking mean dirty bastard. :loco:

I concede that Anthrax made great songs with John as well (Potter´s Field, Room For One More, Superhero, Any Place But Here etc.) but the albums as a whole and the music in general was weaker for me. IMO BushThrax was pretty much hit-and-miss, there were more fillers than on the thrash albums.

Shouldn't you guys just be happy that anthrax is still making music after so many years. So lets not argue about who is better and just be happy that they are still making music

Jockthrax said:
Without Bush Anthrax would have withered and died years ago.

Bush Classics:
Potters Field
piss n vinegar
Only
Room For One More
Black Lodge
Invisible
Inside Out
Catharsis
Ramdom acts of Senseless Violence
Fueled
What doesn't die
Refuse to be Denied
Nothing
Burst
Nobody knows Anything
Safe Home
Sodium Penathol
HyProGlo
Think About an End
This is not an Exit
Packaged Rebelion
In a Zone
Bare
Taking the Music Back
Black Dahlia
Cadilac Rock Box

Now my maths aint great but that appears to be more classics than POT and ATL combined. :tickled:

Those are Classics???

I am so sick of the same people posting the same "Bring Back Bush" shit every post.. There are alot of people that are happy about this reunion and so far from what I have heard they have NEVER sounded better. Just let the band do what they gotta fucking do... Bunch of homos you are.. "Wahhhh Bush isn't in the band so I'm just gonna download Alive 2 and not buy it, Wahhhh" Shut the fuck up already.. If John is destined to come back he will, if not then fuck off...

P.S. Bush era Thrax sucked...

It'd RULE if this reunion was permanent! Regardless of who's singing, or playing lead guitar, I hope the next Anthrax studio album is heavily thrash influenced. Imo Anthrax is at their best playing thrash. :headbang: On a bit of a side topic, maybe it's just me, but I've got a feeling Frankie's back for good. I dunno, I can't see him going back to Helmet or joining another band at this point or in the future. I very easily could be wrong, but I REALLY hope I'm right!!! :D

tomass74 said:
I am so sick of the same people posting the same "Bring Back Bush" shit every post.. There are alot of people that are happy about this reunion and so far from what I have heard they have NEVER sounded better. Just let the band do what they gotta fucking do... Bunch of homos you are.. "Wahhhh Bush isn't in the band so I'm just gonna download Alive 2 and not buy it, Wahhhh" Shut the fuck up already.. If John is destined to come back he will, if not then fuck off...

P.S. Bush era Thrax sucked...

Yeah, well, a lot of us here are sick of THIS type of shit, too, so right back at ya, buddy.