John Bush....

spacebeer said:
I have only read one bad review, and that was the Sweden rock review in the Rock Hard but that didn;t have anything to do with the musical content of the show, the guy was just out to bash Joey just like some here on the board....

They rocked and for that one bad review I read dozens of raving ones!

Most reviews I´ve read from Sweden Rock were positive. I enjoyed it myself (though it was not even close to their gig in 2003).

AlexStomp said:
I agree with both to a certain extent. Now I realize why I haven't joined the CDC or any of that. Although I probably will when Im drunk. I've spent alot of money on this band. Road trips(and all the expenses that come with a road trip ie gas, hotel, time off from work), tshirts, tickets, albums, singles, etc etc. I'm not spending too much money on this band anymore and that's my choice. I don't feel like I'm owed anything other than my opinion. This message board wouldn't exist if I wasn't entitled to my opinion. My opinion: I think this reunion is bullshit. I like Joey and Danny, nice guys, great musicians. I just like Caggiano and Bush much much much more. Sorry Belladonna lovers. It's just my opinion. I repect your opinion on loving Belladonna more. He was there first. I became a fan of this band the first go around with this line up. I just happen to like the WCFYA line up much much more.

However, I did check out a show with the current line up in jersey and I thought it rocked for the most part.
100%. Plus since all this commotion about John/Rob and Joey/Dan is obviously not gonna calm down in the near future, as some might have hoped, we all might as welll get straight answers. Any band has a right to replace its members or reunite with old members, it just doesn't have to look ugly.

GregadetH said:
Why in the bloody fucking hell is it so important to you ppl to know the who's, what's, when's, where's and how's of this whole fucking reunion fiasco?

I swear to Christ, they're just a band. JUST A BAND. Does that compute? Because I don't know about any of the rest o' you, but I'm sick and fucking tired of this shit already. As of now, Joeys the singer. John is not. Just be happy they haven't disbanded all together by now and leave it at that.

This board is getting almost as bad as Blabbercockinmouth with the specualtions and the whining and the bullshit...

You're so cute when you're angry.

freakbrother6969 said:
3.) Because the live-reviews here in Europe are really bad. Magazines and Friends of mine say, Joey sucked badly. They laughed because the hole 80-Spandex-Thing looks & sounds funny today. The magazines loved Anthrax the last decades, but now they write things about my favorite band, that I don't want to read.

Good post overall. Check the Sidney bootleg if you want the straight answer.

They ARE great better than any John Bush I have seen, and I have only read one bad review sofar...that was in the German Rock Hard magazine the review from the sweden rock show...

I have read a dozen good ones from that show too and the Rock hard magazine posted a very good review (different reviewer) for the Dynamo show in Holland a month before...

Oh and the Sydney bootleg sounds fine to me especially for a bootleg, of course it doesn't sound as "good" as MOMD but I guess I don't need to explain why.....

spacebeer said:
Oh and the Sydney bootleg sounds fine to me especially for a bootleg, of course it doesn't sound as "good" as MOMD but I guess I don't need to explain why.....

I don´t mean the sound quality, which is obvious. I mean the atrocious singing of Joey. I listened to it yesterday a few times again, to see whether I wasn´t biased before, and I found it even worse than before.

fuelee2004 said:
But a boot isnt exactly the same as actually being at the show Johnnie

Yeah it definitely isn´t. Being in the pit and not hearing the "vocals" well I probably wouldn´t complain because the band is fucking tight as always...but anyway, Joey´s vocal performance (especially on Among The Living and Deathrider) is fucking SCARY. He did quite a decent job on NFL though.

I heard tone of Maiden, Priest and who kows what bootlegs and they always sound FAAAAR inferior to any official release, not only sound quality wise but sometimes guitars are a little off key, the vocals also....that's the nature of the beast, the same would go for any John Bush bootleg recording of which I also heard a few....

And of course any band has better and worse days, I saw ANTHRAX twice on the reunion tour and you wouldn;t belive the crowd reactions if you weren't there plus they were spot on....especially Joey made a very good impression...

I think the Sydney bootleg isn't bad at all too, agreed that "deathrider" is a little off (but not as bad as you make it appear)...but it wasn't a song originally recorded by him (and it's in a key off any scale I know of), plus it's damn hard to sing like Joey does, it's far easier singing those songs several octaves lower and with less dynamics like John Bush (no bashing intended) does...I have never ever heard someone hear nailing e.g. "armed & dangerous", "AIR" or "medusa" those are really hard songs to sing don't forget that! And Joey pulled if off VERY well live and he also does on the bootleg.

But quite frankly I am hoping on a decent recording on the new DVD, I hope they take some time to do it properly...

GregadetH said:
Why? Why do you have to know every little detail and aspect about the goings on and innerworkings of Anthrax? The fucking internet has spoiled a lot of us fuckin' fans. Back in the day, you heard what you heard and you bitched to a few friends and you got over it. You're not owed every piece of knowledge that flows from the Anthrax thinktank (Scott, Charlie) just b/c now they have a few rest stops located on the information super-highway.

Move on if you don't like it. John had another band. Armored saint. Check them out. Discover their back catalouge. Look up rare shit on your favorite filesharing site...just do ANYTHING other than going on and on about your displeasure with not knowing why they did what they did, and, why whomever won't say whatever. Odds are when you get the answer you won't like it anyways and then you'll bitch on and on about that too.

Hats off :worship:

I think the Belladonna version of "Deathrider" isn´t all that bad, one might need to get accustomed to it as he sounds more like Paul Baloff than like Neil Turbin.

Schurl said:
I think the Belladonna version of "Deathrider" isn´t all that bad, one might need to get accustomed to it as he sounds more like Paul Baloff than like Neil Turbin.

In my judge "Deathrider" is the worst song Joey has ever sung live...