so what are we expecting from the new maiden album

hahahaha ... Erik, you really DO live in the woods.

Gugs ... they might match it if it's close ... but don't forget the tax also, what is is in Jersey anyway>?

lurch70 said:
is a new Maiden disc still relevant at this point?
it's like looking forward to a new Rolling Stones disc ..

As much as I love Maiden, I have no choice but to agree with you to an extent, I still think they have enough of their old genius left in them to produce another instant classic, but they've let their complacency take over and their songwriting has become increasingly formulaic...especially if they follow the steps Jay mentioned (why the hell is Janick still allowed to write? And have Bruce do the lyrics on his own.)

Janick Gers... :ill:

Although he did manage to grab a writing credit for "Montsegur". The problem is, they probably write around his ability to play and so purposely avoid writing riffs like "Back in the Village".

Let's hope for more songwriting credits like this ->

Harris/Dickinson/Smith
Harris/Dickinson
Dickinson/Smith
Harris

MURRAY

i like dave's songs. they're kinda different, i can oftentimes pick out dave riffs, but they rule nevertheless

CHARLOTTE THE HARLOT
THE PROPHECY
DEJA-VU

Erik said:
MURRAY

i like dave's songs. they're kinda different, i can oftentimes pick out dave riffs, but they rule nevertheless

CHARLOTTE THE HARLOT
THE PROPHECY
DEJA-VU
the outro to The Prophecy is the true blue shit, and Deja-Vu is one of the best Maiden songs imo

The sad thing is that Maiden could be doing so much more with three guitars playing at the same time–more shit like "Paschendale." Instead, they shit out things like "Wildest Dreams" (one of the least inspired Maiden album openers ever) and let Janick Gers continue prancing around onstage cause, I dunno, Steve Harris is banging his sister on the sly.

Dave Murray is the Cheshire Cat.

grin1.jpg