So what does everyone do?

HoserHellspawn

Pixel Manipulator
May 1, 2001
Vancouver, Canada
hosergraphics.cjb.net
This never seems to be discussed. There's an option in the settings somewhere to state your occupation, but I don't think anyone does, or if so, ya never see it.

SO WHAT DO YOU ALL DO?!

Some of you I can guess... Wars of Winter, I'd imagine, is a High School student (possibly taking some time off depending on how bad that arm is). How ya doin', man? As for the rest of you... when you're not reading the newest exciting thing posted by HoserHellspawn, how do you go about making a living?

Since I asked, I'll go first!

I'm an out-of-work Interactive Multimedia Designer who's collecting his Employment Insurance and slowly putting together a new portfolio CD-ROM, while slowly plotting world domination and searching for the caramilk secret.

I'm a college student that was dismissed from the art department for my controversial views and disagreements with teachers. As of now, I'm thinking of going to college for computer science, something in which my viewpoints won't kill my grades. As for a job, I'm currently still looking, and I need one really fast. And, as always, I'm a black metal vocalist currently trying to put together a band.

I'm a lemur.

I guess I should go study something in a university, but at the moment I don't really feel like doing it. Currently I'm working at the ministry of justice for a while. Lousy job, lousy salary, but not much to do. ;) I browse the net most of the day, hehheh. :D

I'm a university student (at the same university as Johan btw). In a couple of weeks I've finished my first year of biotech-studies. Just 3,5 years left... then I'll be Master of Science of Engineering Biology ;) ...and become a mad scientist. *lol* Hmm..well, MAYBE - if I studied more and spent less time on this board...
Previously I've studied half a year of Environmental Science and half a year of English.

Pretty good , unfortunately no time off school , they wanted me to go back in for another few x-rays but i'm doin alot better now . Although I still can't seem to write with my left hand , and that is probably because i'm right handed .

I study youth-work and work parttime in a youth-club. It's the last week of my studien for this spring and I still have about a dozen essays unfinished... :(

-Villain (np: My Arms, Your Hearse)

I've been a Graphic Designer for the last four years for a medium sized printing company.
30% is actually design work (fun)
70% is pre-press (troubleshooting fucked up files, setting shit up for the particular printing press, etc....)

No monkey suit(shirt & tie) - jeans and t-shirt.
plus I can listen to Opeth on my G4 all day long!!!!!!!!:)

1. certified public accountant (boring)
2. a director in a computer networking company
3. a parent (the hardest job, and the worst pay)

I have been a junior lan administrator for two years with EDS Canada. I still need a full time mentor but I am working on MCSE in my off time and on breaks.

Attachments

• opeth logo green.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 16
[color=sky blue]I love that green logo you got there, Advent! I'm GOING to make my own Opeth shirts someday. They're going to kick ass. I just have to wait until I get a computer as awesome as this one at home. I will...someday.

For now! I AM the office for a curtain manufacturer. I remember the first day I started. Bossman says to me, "So, here ya go! Here's your desk and here's your phone." AND THAT'S ALL IT WAS! It was sort of funny actually. There was no office. Just a room with a table and a rotary phone. So, over the past 5 years, I've convinced him to buy what is needed to run an office. It's pretty cool now. I can pretty much run things the way I want.

I like to work alone. PLUS, just like Angry Robot it's totally casual. We work for Walmarts, Ames, Roses...K-Marts sometimes. I can listen to Opeth all day. Like Orchid mentioned, I too spend quite a bit of time online at work. As long as I finish my work.

So, this place isn't so bad. I'd still love to work someplace that was related to music in just about any way. Jo's right. He's lucky.[/color]

LYNN

Interesting thread.. it's cool to see what other opeth freaks are doing with their lives when they are not spacing out to tunes.

I'm a computer geek software developer, self-employed contract type of deal. I've been doing it for about 3 years now and it's not great fun or anything but it's cushy and has it's moments of interest. Beats cleaning bars. I'd much rather being making music however, which I plan to do soon when my gf starts working and I have more free time from work. I also plan to write a book in the vein of philosophy, theology, metaphysics cuz I'm really into that sorta crap. hehe. I also plan to write a brilliant screen play and save the world from religious mind-fucking but one step at a time I suppose, muwhahah.

Maybe the question of what do you do should be extended into also what do you plan to do, cuz I'm sure many people here are yet to reach their full potential (students and struggling artists and such).

Mikael is god. Amen.

Satori, super freak

Originally posted by Nevyn
I'm a university student (at the same university as Johan btw). In a couple of weeks I've finished my first year of biotech-studies. Just 3,5 years left... then I'll be Master of Science of Engineering Biology ;) ...and become a mad scientist. *lol* Hmm..well, MAYBE - if I studied more and spent less time on this board...
Previously I've studied half a year of Environmental Science and half a year of English.

Well I'll be. I'm also a biotech student :D
2nd year though.