So, what happened to the IRC room?

EricT

Don't you ever get...
Aug 25, 2005
Lost In Necropolis
Edit: I've edited this since it's a stickied thread, and I'd rather have this opening post clear...

Essentially the story is as such: The room under went yet another takeover by bots (of the gypsy type)... having pretty much no control over this via Efnet no matter which protections we used, the room there is essentially a lost cause. So, I set up a room to use, if you want to migrate, on a server with services and protection against the botwhores. Chanserv and nickserv are a wonderful thing, something efnet lacks, and will never support.

The server is, which you can connect to in any standard IRC client:

irc.slashnet.org
#nevermore

Feel free to join us if your new to the IRC jive. The only cocksucker in the room is the Anvil. He's canadian.

romanian bots, it let me connect without a password, and with no ops.

But, i can guarantee by the name and some IPs that the bots are romanian.

yeah, what happened?

Not only Romanian bots , i saw some Greek bots too but Anvil banned them and saved the day

I can setup a new channel somewhere if anyone wants... somewhere with fucking services (probably slashnet or something similar).

Slashnet's not my server. It's a pretty widely used server due to the fact that it has little to no spam bots, and has decent services and quite reliable uptime on most of the servers.

Efnet is the complete opposite.