So what riff are you addicted to

CoB are not death metal

No shit. It's still heavier than Linkin Park and Evanescence though isn't it.

That's why I'm gonna stick on some At The Gates, Carcass, Arch Enemy, Meshuggah, Kataklysm on too.

metalhead_666 said:
add deicide

What are some good songs?

I heard one once on a black metal documentary about how music like that can turn kids into murderers but when I downloaded some, it didn't sound the same.

What are some good songs?

I heard one once on a black metal documentary about how music like that can turn kids into murderers but when I downloaded some, it didn't sound the same.

Deicide's first album is their best work imo (it's just called 'Deicide'). New Deicide sounds like shit.

Ah right. Well I downloaded a song called Death To Jesus and it's from 2006 but it sounds ok to me. I prefer the good production of later albums in general than the old "grim" sound that black metal bands go for.

Plus, I'm not really bothered if I actually like it, he'll probably listen to it once, hate it and never listen to it again. :lol:

This is the "setlist" that I'm going for:
5xsjrtc.jpg

I changed the CD title from Death Metal to just Extreme Metal. I wanted to include some bands that weren't death so instead of posting this and arguing with a bunch of fags about genres, I just chose that instead.

I do actually like most of those songs quite alot myself so I might see if I can get more into them all.

Ah right. Well I downloaded a song called Death To Jesus and it's from 2006 but it sounds ok to me. I prefer the good production of later albums in general than the old "grim" sound that black metal bands go for.

Plus, I'm not really bothered if I actually like it, he'll probably listen to it once, hate it and never listen to it again. :lol:

This is the "setlist" that I'm going for:
5xsjrtc.jpg

I changed the CD title from Death Metal to just Extreme Metal. I wanted to include some bands that weren't death so instead of posting this and arguing with a bunch of fags about genres, I just chose that instead.

I do actually like most of those songs quite alot myself so I might see if I can get more into them all.

Do you want to scare him away from extreme metal or get him to like it? :ill:

If it weren't for bodom, i probably wouldn't have listened to anything with harsch vocals. So don't put in the most tr00 stuff in the beginning imo.

Do you want to scare him away from extreme metal or get him to like it? :ill:

If it weren't for bodom, i probably wouldn't have listened to anything with harsch vocals. So don't put in the most tr00 stuff in the beginning imo.

He listens to Evanescence...

Plus, this is the music I like and I've told people at work I listen to "extreme metal". If they don't like this, then that's their choice and probably won't like the rest of it.

I think I might do another one with some In Flames, Dragonforce, Metallica, Trivium, A7X, Lacuna Coil, Sinergy, Stratovarius etc. Stuff that's a bit more melodic and less harsh. Maybe he'll like that instead.

I think I'll put some more Bodom on the next CD after reading inhe's post again.

It was songs like Hate Me! and Bed of Razors that made me love them. I used to listen to Slipknot and Stone Sour prior to that but they're a different type of heavy so I'll give 'em both a try.

I think he'll hate it all tbh but I'm only doing it because Linkin Park are the heaviest band he's heard and he just wanted to know what DM sounded like.

If it weren't for bodom, i probably wouldn't have listened to anything with harsch vocals.

Haha same :lol: I used to think "eeeew shouty shit" then I bought Follow The Reaper because I liked the album cover :)lol:) and was blown away. Then it went like, Bodom - Ensiferum - Wintersun - Kampfar - Immortal - Darkthrone - Dimmu Borgir - Necrophagist - Behemoth - Decapited - Cannibal Corpse - Napalm Death - Nile ect ect ect ect

Now harsh vocals just seem as normal as singing to me.