So what the fuck, is digital music going to take over completely?

Also, if you are to buy music in the physical form, it's seems absolutely preposterous to rip the copy and never listen to it again. I got some oop albums which I paid a pence for on ejew, never in my wildest dreams would I be reticent to spinning the copy in it's physical form. I'm not in this hobby to make a turn around in 20 years. If the disc gets warped, so it shall be.

amen, brother

FREE YOURSELVES OF YOUR MATERIAL SHACKLES, MY BROTHERS

all I know there is a new trend where established bands are trying to fund their new releases on Kickstarter ...

really ...

Also, if you are to buy music in the physical form, it's seems absolutely preposterous to rip the copy and never listen to it again. I got some oop albums which I paid a pence for on ejew, never in my wildest dreams would I be reticent to spinning the copy in it's physical form.
My entire CD collection exists on my PC. My PC streams my music through the same amp and to the same speakers as my CD player. I can use my Droid as a remote for all the music on my PC. Why would I possibly bother to load CDs in and out of the player, when I can simply hit play on my phone/remote and accomplish the same thing? Te thing that's silly about it, is buying the CD at all. It's a nostalgic habit I believe I've finally come to terms with abandoning.

One thing that keeps eluding me: what was wrong with the vinyl format? Did something bad happen? Was it that shitty of a format? Or are we where are at now simply because some business types gathered up some engineer types so they could make some money from a new, "superior" technology?
The reason I ask is because you know I do all this research and I obsess over speakers and amplifiers and wi-fi and fuckety fuck and I keep coming back to the same problem: in order to listen to music, I am forced to spend shitloads of money, whereas, once upon a time, I could buy a basic turntable, a basic STEREO, and two speakers made out of paper and everything would sound fine.

also cd + lazer works a shitlot better in your car and your walkman than vinyl + needle

:lol: before I read this, I was already picturing myself driving along with a turntable in the passenger seat.

While on the topic: anyone remember the early portable CD players that could also go in the car? They had a shock absorbing base on which they sat. I had one of those. I fucking HAD ONE OF THOSE. GODDAM I AM OLD.

also, one time back in like, I dunno, the late 90s I found a car magazine of my Dad's from probably the late 1970s that had an article in it about the cutting edge of hi-fi at that time. IRCC, the general theme was about how, against all conceiveable odds, one could listen to music in high fidelity in cars. :lol: WTF were people driving around in prior to that???
I know the answer to my own question - my Dad had a VW bug that had an AM receiver in it and probably one speaker.

i remember when cd walkmen having the 30 second skip buffer was the new awesome thing. you could actually walk and listen to music at the same time!

Yeah that came AFTER my shock absorber platform. I remember being flummoxed by the alien technology of the 30 second buffer - I simply couldn't figure out how it was possible.

So I stopped listening to CDs.

:lol: before I read this, I was already picturing myself driving along with a turntable in the passenger seat.

While on the topic: anyone remember the early portable CD players that could also go in the car? They had a shock absorbing base on which they sat. I had one of those. I fucking HAD ONE OF THOSE. GODDAM I AM OLD.

also, one time back in like, I dunno, the late 90s I found a car magazine of my Dad's from probably the late 1970s that had an article in it about the cutting edge of hi-fi at that time. IRCC, the general theme was about how, against all conceiveable odds, one could listen to music in high fidelity in cars. :lol: WTF were people driving around in prior to that???
I know the answer to my own question - my Dad had a VW bug that had an AM receiver in it and probably one speaker.

:lol: I also remember plugging in my portable cdp through the tapedeck. How about the bigass phones that were set in cars? Remember THAT shit?! :lol:

Also,

dorian gray said:

What nigga?

i have not heard vinyl in like 20 years OR more ... I probably shit my pants and tap into the daughters bank account if I do.