So what's the worst genre genre of metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2007
New Zealand
My vote goes to "Stoner metal" as even Marijuana itself further enhances the terribleness of the genre which goes as far as rendering the genre name void.

Obviously nu-metal and metalcore are worse. But I had to pick a front runner for the topic's sake.

Let the flames begin.

Dumb thread, all genres of metal can be really kickass. And how can you insult stoner metal which is debatably the heaviest genre of metal :headbang::Smokin:

Brutal Death Metal. I'm curious in what people are going to say in this thread.

Dumb thread, all genres of metal can be really kickass. And how can you insult stoner metal which is debatably the heaviest genre of metal :headbang::Smokin:

The question here is, do you contradict yourself by posting in such a "dumb thread" or not?

And the lol here is that you used the term "kickass" to describe any form of music.

I was recently subjected to an hour of "Stoner Metal" on one of the local "extreme music shows" and all I heard was the same chord from about 6 different bands for one hour, thus the inspiration for such a dumb thread.

I thinmk stoner metal is great. Cathedral and Orange Goblin for example are excellent.

Stoner metal is perhaps one of the best forms of metal around, I'd have to say that overall Gothic and Prog. metal are the worst.

lol metalcore and deathcore are the worst. Nu-Metal is the absolute worst genre though even though nu-metal shouldn't even be a metal genre.

Metalcore is a legitimate sub genre of metal, whether people want to admit it or not.

Yes!!!, and even im not the biggest metalcore fan in the world,
it makes me fucking angry when people cant admit that.

I agree with the op.;) I hate stoner metal and think it does really suck. It sounds like distorted downtuned blues based rock.

1. nu metal
2. metalcore
3. stoner metal
4. gothic metal
5. power metal

either power metal or nu metal

the first person who says grindcore is going to get their fingers chopped off

Status
Not open for further replies.