So whats up with the production?

Sadistik

Let me die in solitude...
May 30, 2001
California
Visit site
I haven't picked it up yet (broke), and haven't heard it yet (outside of the live setting).....................so whats wrong with the production that everyone keeps talking about?

edit: I don't know how that ended up in the NP part, but...

Well, it's not as bad as a blanket over your speakers. I actually like the guitar tone myself. But the drums are buried deep in the mix which makes it seem quite muffled. Also they did some weird ass thing with WDs vocals. Hard to explain, but they did something to em. But I don't think the production hurts it enough to not buy it or listen to it like some are saying.

I actually love the kick on the drums, the snare is a bit off for me though. On the other hand, I still haven't heard a snare sound I REALLY like. But hm, the guitar sound and drums are great I think, but mostly as solo instruments, they just don't fit each other that good.

Pyrus said:
It's very...muddy. A grunge feel. The bass is kinda buried, the drums are brittle, and the guitars fuzz a lot. Still worth a buy though.

Too bad this guy didnt get my mix version, lol im sure its floating around there somewhere, my thread got soo popular here, i ended up at guitar.com

FrostGiant said:
You didn't fucking mix anything!! Get that threw your friggin' head already.

Listen bitch, i have had enough of your shit. I head what passenger 57 did, i even have his...REMASTERED REMIXED VERSION HAHA, your misunderstanding what he means. He used those terms so that people that dont know anything about improving sound etc; so they would get get the idea that he had improved the sound, too bad he removed the thread, he only posted that like 10 times at the end of the thread explaining himself to sneap, it seems your the only person that gave him a hard time, while the thread had like 1,500 hits in 4 days, so i suggest you back the fuck up, and get off your high horse. Dont bother replying this, because i wont read your idiocy.

Kiss Kiss..

FrostGiant said:
You didn't fucking mix anything!! Get that threw your friggin' head already.

he fucked with the eq to make it sound perfect, that's all. don't know anything about mixing or mastering, or what they are.