So who's going to the wiltern?

Just got back as well, very good show. People wouldn't shut up during A Fair Judgement though. And who is Chris? He said hey chris kinda early in the show.

I almost missed Demon of the Fall, went out and downstairs to buy a shirt then I heard Mike talking so I went back upstairs to see what was going on.

Man oh man, I haven't posted in months. What is compelling me to do so now?

Closure.

The version of that song they did tonight was worth the price by itself. From the almost pyschadelic middle part to the surprisingly crushing ending, I was blown away. I really hope it gets recorded for something at some point so I can listen to it over and over again.

Mudas said:
Man oh man, I haven't posted in months. What is compelling me to do so now?

Closure.

The version of that song they did tonight was worth the price by itself. From the almost pyschadelic middle part to the surprisingly crushing ending, I was blown away. I really hope it gets recorded for something at some point so I can listen to it over and over again.

watch lamentations

Risquit said:
Just rolled back into SD. Great show. Met Alexi Laiho in the lobby. Cool!

Hah, I met him outside before the show also ... How often do you run into Alexi on the fucking sidewalk! lol

I saw he took off after the third song!

-a

yea, Alexi was sitting RIGHT behind me along with some century media workers. I was sitting in BBB 103-104 and he was in CCC either 102 or 101. Freaking awesome. Too bad he took off so early cuz he had to go back to Finland the next day so he went drinking at the Rainbow I believe.

Lacuna Coil was there also tonite.

wow that really was a great show.

i didn't like being seated though. and i didn't think white cluster was a good song choice. would have preferred the moor.

but ignore those gripes. I LOVED THAT SHOW.

BreathingShadow said:
watch lamentations

Yeah I have Lamentations, but in my opinion, that version of Closure doesn't stack up with how they performed the song tonight. I could have just been caught up in the moment, but it seemed like a lot more dimension was added to the song, and it really stuck with me, whereas the DVD version didn't really do much to excite me.

I don't know, just personal preference I guess.

Mudas said:
Yeah I have Lamentations, but in my opinion, that version of Closure doesn't stack up with how they performed the song tonight. I could have just been caught up in the moment, but it seemed like a lot more dimension was added to the song, and it really stuck with me, whereas the DVD version didn't really do much to excite me.

I don't know, just personal preference I guess.

"jam sessions" are almost ALWAYS cooler to see live instead of watching on a dvd. They probably played it worse, but since you were there it was way better. That's how it was with me :D

it was a pretty good show and I was surprised that my seat (floor 3) had a great view! Wiltern is a pretty good venue (better than HOB where I couldn't see much because I'm short and too many people squished up next to each other), but the seats were SO CHEAP, but bearable. My hometown's theater crushes the Wiltern.

The setlist was alright, I wish I could've heard more Still life instead of two deliverance/damnation and three GR songs. But White Cluster was great, probably the highlight of my night along with GoP and Baying. Oh and The night and the silent water was sweet...those guitar harmonies are gorgeous.
Overall I enjoyed the show, wish it was on a weekend, but nevertheless still a great show.

lucifer1126 said:
yea, Alexi was sitting RIGHT behind me along with some century media workers. I was sitting in BBB 103-104 and he was in CCC either 102 or 101.

I was in BBB 102 and those bimbos Alexi was with wouldn't shut the hell up for one second, I was glad to see them go.

Oh and I heard him say he just arrived from Finland yesterday.

BreathingShadow said:
alexi can eat shit and die

Judging from the way he looked last night, he looked like he's
been rolling in that shit you say he can eat. LOL

Filthy....filthy little boy!

I was there. I drove down from Northern California (Santa Clara) to see this show. I have to say, it was completely worth it. The sound was perfect. They played great, even though Mikael was a bit sick. Since no one posted it that I can see yet, here's the setlist:

Under the Weeping Moon
The Night and the Silent Water
The Amen Corner
White Cluster
The Leper Affinity
A Fair Judgement
Deliverance
Windowpane
Closure
Ghost of Perdition
Baying of the Hounds
The Grand Conjuration

Demon of the Fall

They played for about 2.5 hours. I enjoyed every minute of it. I had seats in mezz O section, which is the last row! But the sound was great even up there.