So...why don't you like Wreath?

IamReptar

Yar be pirating
Mar 27, 2006
Somewhere...
Im trying to find the reason as to why people don't like this song. It's heavy for pretty much the whole duration of the song. 300% death vocal effort from Mike. Clean vocals are in appropriate places. Mixed perfectly. Standard Opeth length. There is plenty of variety(especially after the 5 min mark). Shared solo's from Peter and Mike. It's hardly as repetitive as some of their other songs. Great lyrics(especially the end).

Im at a lost. They don't play it. No one mentions it(or has it in there favorites :cry: ). Why?

i think alot of people, including myself find it repetitive in the beginning, but it gets better and better with every listen. its a great song.

I like the outro (''staring right back/still seeking'' or whatever), other than that the song isnt that great imo.

For me that song exemplifies why the soft parts are essential to Opeth.

For me, its just another fine example of people just being whingeing cunts.

Its a good song and i like it. As pethical said, its a great lead into deliverance.

Just one question....how is it possible to do "300% death metal vocals"????

Its a good song and i like it. As pethical said, its a great lead into deliverance.

^^ That is whingeing. It was just hyperbole. He was only trying to say that it's really fucking good.

Ready to come down from your high horse? Good.

It's better than Deliverance.

....okay, so that's a lie. But it's still damn good.