So

I am getting excited, way way way too early. Fuck. Tim or Pat back in NM? I've got a feeling the next album will be possibly the heaviest and most twisted thing they've done since DNB. WD's got so much inspiration, you gotta figure, and plus with Pat or Tim or even Curran back...I mean those guys just write heavy, twisted fucking metal. Never thought I'd say this but Loomis might end up regretting his departure. But then again, he's Loomis...:)

JEFF IF YOU READ THIS KISS AND MAKE UP WITH WD AND PICTURE YOURSELF WRITING WITH PAT OR TIM OR CURRAN AGAIN! THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!

So is it a definite thing that Warrel will be choosing out of the mentioned guitarists? Because I definitely want to give it a shot. I already have material written. I would really appreciate the chance, and I'm sure it wouldn't disappoint.

Jeff?

woah...hostility...

I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU GUYS BUT JEFF'S NEW ALBUM IS ON MY BUY LIST....after Megadeth, Modest Mouse, and an xbox.

I think what most fans are missing is how well Atilla does the "Loomis"
thing. Shit its most likely the reason he as chosen. He gets every nuance ...anyway

Now if you all enjoyed the Loomis / Calvert days then Calvert is the obvious choice.

Me personally, I quite enjoyed Pat but Calvert definitely wrote better material and fit the "Nevermore" sound. Its a tough choice but Calvert takes it by a cunt hair...

I think what most fans are missing is how well Atilla does the "Loomis"
thing. Shit its most likely the reason he as chosen. He gets every nuance

agreed. he is very, very similar in style to Jeff and I ultimately don't think anyone will notice a huge difference in the way he plays the older material as opposed to how Jeff did.

I would be satisfied with all 3 of 'em. Yeah, even Curran!!! Though he hadn't much chance to show some of his riffs with Nevermore (or Annihilator), I actually like his guitarplaying in his current band. AND he's the only one that would actually available, I think.

I don't think Hoglan would be a very good fit, imo. He's too machine-like and lacks the dynamic ability of a player that would fit Nevermore's style properly. Oddly enough, if Loomis was still in the band, I might be more inclined to agree he'd be a good fit, because he could accent Jeff's nutso post-DNB rhythms perfectly. But imagine if Dreaming Neon Black would have had Hoglan on drums and not Van. I don't think it would have worked, the album would be far less epic diverse than it is because Hoglan is too straight forward and aggressive with his playing. He'd fit better on the newer Nevermore albums than the older ones I think. He certainly plays with feel, but it's based on speed and relentlessness, which is not where I see Nevermore going any time soon.

Hoglan should be playing on Jeff's solo albums :)