Sold a Soldano, got a Dual Rectifier

Ronnie_Rocker

Mar 21, 2006
sweden
www.ronniebjornstrom.com
I´m happy to be back playing Mesa/Boogie again. i now realize how much i missed the sound of the Dual Rectifier. It has the raw character that no other amp has. the in-your-face red mode kills every amp on the planet :)

26536_378852824430_747379430_3468785_2347246_n.jpg

Except the single :D

I'm sure I'll be the only one to defend the single, in combo form, not the head. No experience with the head, got a minty combo not to long ago and she is sweeeeeeeeeeeet. :headbang:

Not as tight as my Dual head which is odd given that the combo is a SS rectifier. By that I mean it sounds a little mushy as if it was in vacuum. Compared the two using a single Marshall cab in stereo. Allot the same but still different. I stop rambling now....

o_O

Not as tight as my Dual head which is odd given that the combo is a SS rectifier. By that I mean it sounds a little mushy as if it was in vacuum. Compared the two using a single Marshall cab in stereo. Allot the same but still different. I stop rambling now....

o_O

I think the combo runs lower voltages to the plates on the tubes, which might account for the 'less tight' feeling.

Except the single :D (and still not "bad", just way below any of the duals/triples IMO/E)

:lol::lol::lol:
Tryed a friend rectoverb again my dual, sound different but both are great (TS with rectoverb are perfect for that awesome Lynch tone :headbang:).

But for back on subject: welcome on Boogie family:headbang:

I bought this amp used, but in perfect condish. cashed up 15.000 SEK (1540 euro) for it. I think i have run trough most of mesas products throughout the years.

I used to have three rectifiers (triple, dual & Rectoverb), Studio and TriAxis preamp with 295 poweramp and Strategy 500 poweramp (12 powertubes!!). Caliber 50+ combo, one MK IV combo, one long head MK IV head and one short head MK IV. 4x12 oversized cab, old 2x12 cab 3/4 open

i never had more then one amp at the time though. Sold and bought new boogie amps all the time.

I really like the sound in the MK IV amp. super tight distortion, and the EQ works really good. But the recto sounds more raw and fits better in the mix then MK IV.