Some Favorite

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
What are some of your favorite best of Compilations?
If your answer is "I don't buy them," then don't respond.
This is a way to help some folks on here check out some bands that might have not checked out already & what better way than to pick up a
compilation that is accurate portrayal of the band?!

Here's some I would recommend to folks that haven't heard these bands:
Iced Earth-The Blessed & The Damned(a great introducation to the band)
Motley Crue-Red, White & Crue(probably all that a casual fan would ever need)
Queen-Greatest Hits(2004)
Van Halen-The Best of Both Worlds(*see Motley Crue)
Def Leppard-The Vault(Great collection of material, a little heavy on the sappy stuff...)
KISS-Double Platinum(*see Motley Crue)
Anthrax-Attack of the Killer A's(Should have been a double disc set, but still has some good stuff on there.)
Megadeth-Capitol Punishment(with I would have omitted the Risk era stuff & added Wake Up Dead, still a great collection, Kill The King, is King!)

Most of Sanctuary stuff is good like Helloween, NWOBHM back catalogue NEAT METAL, Uriah Heep, Motörhead, Emerson, Lake & Palmer stuff.

Iron Maiden Best Of The Beast 2 CD compilation... Not a huge fan of compilations reallt.

Roadrunner stuff... Deicide, Annihilator... King Diamond/Merciful Fate... OK.

A Taste Of Armageddon.

UK underground Thrash compilation from 1989. 10 great bands, none hit the big time, but some managed to get some albums out. All of them rocked.

sixxswine said:
Def Leppard-The Vault(Great collection of material, a little heavy on the sappy stuff...)

The new double disc (Def Leppard Best Of) is a better bet the first disc is basically vault with Long Long Way To Go taken from X but the second disc has another 17 tracks for track listing check out www.bestofdefleppard.com and click on best of at the bottom of the screen.

Metal works - Judas Priset
From the gutter to the stage - Savatage

Those two are great compilations if someone wants to get to know the bands.

I've got mixed feelings about the best of compilations, but they can sometimes be a good place to start.

Helloween - Treasure Chest - great overview of the band
Warlord - Best Of - essentially compiles all of the band's songs
Scorpions - Best of Rockers and Ballads - great job trimming away the fat
Roky Erickson - You're gonna Miss Me

sixxswine said:
What are some of your favorite best of Compilations?
If your answer is "I don't buy them," then don't respond.

I buy tem if I'm not interested in getting a back catalogue or thw whole catalogue of an artist.

Besides "The Best Of Warlord" which actually compiles the whole Warlord stuff before "Rising Form The Ashes" and putting aside the great neat Rceords compilations of Jaguar, Avenger, Blitzkrieg, Warfare, etc. I can give mention to:

Uriah Heep - "The Best Of Uriah Heep"
Deep Purple - "Smoke On The Water" (great French compilation covering from Mark I to Mark IV)
Ozzy Osbourne - "The Ozzman Cometh"

Uriah Heep's little bit old compilation Part 1 and Part 2 by Castle Communication is better than Sanctuary's one. THey made way too many Uriah Heep comiplations and it's not highly recommended.

I gave couple of CD-Rs to USA Quesada? Sixxswine's real name is something Quesada... Anyways you ungreatful fuck! I dislike you so much and I have no respect for tossers like him and johnny fucking D more like Z.

Marshall Law kicks all weak metal bums that bands you lot talk about is mostly shit and I mean it.

Marshall Law is one of the best metal band in the world and Sanctuary's compilation POWER CRAZY: The Best Of MARSHALL LAW kicks all ass. They can kick shit bands like Iced Earth, Children Of Bodom, Gamma Ray's ass by ease because I know so. This is not an OPINION!

I'm so honoured to make their OFFICIAL WEBPAGE and it fucking rocks and it paid off! http://www.marshalllaw.co.uk

British Metal is best in the world.

Best gig of 2004 is BUDGIE live at the Camden Underworld London! 2nd Primal Fear Bloodstock.
:wave:

I think Ratt N Roll 8191 is the best compilation around! 19 killer tracks covering everything from the only Ratt era that matters (the 97 and 99 albums can be happily forgotten).

Double Platinum I agree is a great compilation too and a GREAT best of for the '70s era. However I wouldn't say its all a casual fan needs coz it covers a TINY period of the band's history, only 4 years out of 30!

Though not metal, Foreigner - "Records" is a pretty awesome compilation.
The Scorps "Best of Rockers and Ballads" is very good.
Accept - "No Substitutions" is pretty good as well.

Those are some of my faves, but normally, I am not big into compilations.

Bryant

Motörhead - 2000 - The Best Of (Metal-Is) it jsut has great songs on it
King Diamond - 2003 - The Best Of King Diamond (Roadrunner)
Queen - 2002 - Greatest hits - haha I just love this one
Queensryche - 2000 - Greatest Hits (EMI) - one of the first CD's I bought. Especially the first part of the CD is great, I believe it goes from their old work to the newer material, maybe that's why hehe

Diamond Head - Best Of

^This wasn't released on Metal Blade, and I found out about it from a review on Metal Archives. EVERY best Diamond Head song is represented and the remaster is smooth as silk. \m/