Some Favorite

Well, great thread by the Swine. Since I don't think I can come up with any METAL that you guys ain't already mentioned, and since SIXX said the point was to get people into new music...here are a few BEST OF's that are sure to put a smile on your face, a boner in your shorts, and a trip into the center of Uncle Ted's mind!!!!!!

JIMMY BUFFETT - Songs You Know By Heart - all the Buffett anybody really needs..and you DO need it, by Crikey!

DWIGHT YOAKAM - Just Lookin' For A Hit - all his best of "old school" stuff!

TED NUGENT - Great Gonzos - would be perfect if it only had "Great White Buffalo"

RUSH - Spirit of Radio

STEVE EARLE - The Essential - sorry Greeno, the 80's stuff is his best IMO, especially Guitar Town!

SOCIAL DISTORTION - Live @ The Roxy

ROLLING STONES - 40 Licks

ROGER MILLER - King of the Road

and as a funny sidenote, my buddy once said, when I told him, "Hey, did you know that GNR has a greatest hits?!?"
"Yeah..", he said, "It's called APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION". I thought that was funny as hell....

tedvanfrehley said:
ROLLING STONES - 40 Licks

Thanks for remind me Ted ;) The Rolling Stones "Hot Rocks 1 & 2", that is a way cool compilation of their early material.

tedvanfrehley said:
JIMMY BUFFETT - Songs You Know By Heart - all the Buffett anybody really needs..and you DO need it, by Crikey!

I'll never understand why people like Jimmy Buffett... unless they need an excuse to drink margaritas.

For me the Rainbow Anthology has the best of both worlds with the heavier Dio rainbow and the more commercial sounding 80s rainbow on 2 discs. I bring that wherever i go. Also the Saxon heavy Metal thunder is a great introduction of some of the bands best hits rerecorded with a more powerful heavy sound. I also love Dios beast of Dio, the Crues decade of decadence, UFO essential,The very best of Judas Priest, Kiss alive 1 and alive 3.Led Zeps remastersand Marillions thieving magpie live disc ..Im a Huge maiden fan but too many great songs are missing from Edward the Great and Best of the Beast to include it

The first Queensryche Greatest Hits
Van Halen's Best Of Vol. #1
Megadeth's Capitol Punishment (I think this is now OOP though)
Iron Maiden's Best Of The Beast (this was actually my first Maiden album, great introduction to the band)
AC/DC's Who Made Who