// -->
At the Palace in Hollywood, California.
if1.jpg

if4.jpg

if6.jpg

if7.jpg

if3.jpg

if9.jpg

I was there tonight. Such an amazing show. unearth and chimaira blew...i really despise jumpcore :Smug:. Soilwork's sound was all screwey, couldnt hear the highs at all...and strid didnt do any clean vocals really...kinda dissapointing overall, but they put on a decent show. In flames on the other hand was top notch...the best ive ever seen them (this is my 6th time)...lights, smoke, effects, and anders vocals were the best ive ever heard him do live. bjorn and jesper were right on the money on every song too. worth every penny, i enjoyed myself a lot.

LordHypnos said:
I was there tonight. Such an amazing show. unearth and chimaira blew...i really despise jumpcore :Smug:. Soilwork's sound was all screwey, couldnt hear the highs at all...and strid didnt do any clean vocals really...kinda dissapointing overall, but they put on a decent show. In flames on the other hand was top notch...the best ive ever seen them (this is my 6th time)...lights, smoke, effects, and anders vocals were the best ive ever heard him do live. bjorn and jesper were right on the money on every song too. worth every penny, i enjoyed myself a lot.

I thought Unearth were better than Chimaira. Yeah, I agree, Soilwork's sound on stage weren't optimimal.

Anyhow, did you see Kerry King of Slayer at the show?
I saw Kerry pulling up into the parking lots in his gray Dodge Dakota truck and meeting the In Flames boys.

I missed Unearth.
Caught Chimaira in the middle of their set, sitting through the second half of it was not something I enjoyed. Rather boring music if you ask me.
Soilwork: Bad, bad, BAD sound!!! Unbelievable, the Palace always tends to have a rather shitty sound, but this was just a disgrace.(Soilwork playing on Chimaira's gear probably had something to do with it too, their amps sounded like shit)
Plus, Speed not being able to pull off most of the clean vocals was disappointing too.
In Flames: Great show, great stage precense, great performance,... The sound was better than with the previous bands, but still not quite there yet.

egonomic666 said:
god damn i hate crowd surfers, im soo happy they didnt allow them at the philly show. looks like you werent that lucky lol. any ways nice picks. is it me or is bjorn starting to look like dimebag darrell ?

haha i was thinking that too... looks like he hasn't showered in a few weeks

Nice pics :)

At the show I was at, Bjorn's hair was more tamed, but still, nice pics, and I see you had crowd surfers wearin army boots too :(

Steve

Reactions: Arch
We had a few female body surfers. Some girl asked me to throw her up into the crowd, but I had my camera in my hand. Some dude next to me tossed his scrawny geeky-looking friend up in the air and that dude was passed around everywhere. Funny stuff.

Yeah, I was at that show at the Palace, I have not seen that many people at a Palace show ever! It was fucking jam packed!

After the show we all went to the Rainbow Room and In Flames and Soilwork came as well. It was really great to see them all again, and hang out. Everyone was pretty fucked up!! hahaha....

They played a fucking great set! Both Soilwork and In Flames! I really couldn't hear Soilwork's guitars that well tho, it kinda sucked

Cheers to a great show!

Bonesaw said:
damn man, I was gonna go to that concert but they sold out on tickets, I was so pissed off, 2nd time missing inflames becuase of soldout tickets at the same venue

Damn those ticket scalpers! :D

Arch said:
I thought Unearth were better than Chimaira. Yeah, I agree, Soilwork's sound on stage weren't optimimal.

Anyhow, did you see Kerry King of Slayer at the show?
I saw Kerry pulling up into the parking lots in his gray Dodge Dakota truck and meeting the In Flames boys.
I saw Kerry there. Then I saw Ron Jeremy walking up with two mid grade skanks! After that we walked back to the Bus and talked to Bjorn from In Flames. He was soo nice . I think he was the coolest most accomodating metal musician Ive met.....ever. The show was insane! I was standing in the middle of the pit beating the shit outa people. I also got knocked on my ass and trampled twice. After the second time I got a little rowdier and dealt out some serious beatings.Moshing isnt exactly my favorite pastime but it was soo fuckin hot in that club!! The pit was the only place I could get some space to cool off and still be close to the band.Behind Space.......that song ........goddamn.....:OMG: None of us had tickets when we got there. Three of us managed to get inside thanks to scalpers and fans with extras.Ya gotta be persistant.Anybody see me there? Im the big fuckin Giant with short brown hair and a Dimmu Borgir t-shirt. Like I said before,I was in the middle of the pit. Soilwork rocked!!!