Some of my stuff

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
I've been playing around with Logic Express since I got my iMac in March.
Have created quite a few songs and just made an account to get them on the web. I would say I am more of a casual musician as I have only taught myself how to play over the years....

I dunno if these will be your cups of chai but if you wanna have a listen, there are 2 of the songs here:

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/2791329

I mainly play keyboard and really don't know what I am doing on the guitar, but I'm pretty happy with how Smoking Gun came out for a non-guitarist :)

The other song, I'm Coming Up has lyrics and vocals by another guy that I have never met... my old man just gave him a cd with some of my songs and he added the vocals.... I was going for a MUSE kinda vibe with this one.

I'm Coming Up sound kind of like a blend of Regurgitator/Happyland with 80s electro and slight goth bands like Dead Or Alive and The Mission. Promising. Smoking Gun is nice. For a nonguitarist I wwould be happy with it indeed.

I have a new project on the go as well with some really great songs...I can't wait to get them online when we get a vocalist sorted.

Cheers mate.

This is just a bit of a hobby for me at the moment as I am still learning how to play/write and use logic.
I dunno if I am doing any of those things the "right" way but it's all a bit of fun.

I'd love to be able to do some heavy stuff but it is hard when your main instrument is keyboards....
I can't play the riffs on guitar and the keys don't replicate an authentic sounding heavy guitar tone....
I don't even own an electric guitar. All of that Smoking Gun stuff was done on an acoustic which isnt the best to do solos on

So I had a go at writing a song with a more hard rocking/metal vibe.
Obviously this is heavily influenced by Maiden.

Still rough, but the structure is there.
Need to add some more dynamics etc bla bla bla...
Pretty happy with the solo that starts at 2:49 though :Smug:

Because this thread got an overwhelning response last time (thanks Blitzy :) ) I thought you guys would be dying to hear this :p:

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/2880927

I wish I could sing or atleast have the knack for coming up with lyrics and vocal melodies.... alas, i do not.

Cheers mate.
I use Logic Express 9 for the recording.
There is a drum sequencer in there called ultrabeat.
I use ultrabeat for the drums :)

I would like to get Superior Drummer as a plugin as the drums in that sound awesome..