Some reviews of the new HEAVEN & HELL album

This sounds pretty damn good to me. Plus, Dio is what 65, 66 years old? Holy shit...the guy is collecting social security checks and still sounds great! Can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

http://www.bravewords.com/hardwares/1001451

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/track-by-track-heaven-and-hell-the-devil-you-know/

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:0zfqxzu0ldde~T1

Looks like people like who wanted an uptempo album will be disappointed as it looks to be a very doomy disc. In any ways, I'm still REALLY looking forward to hearing this, even though the apparent lack of speed might bug me a bit. But I loved the slow doomy songs on Dehumanizer (a killer album for me) so this is still all good.

Black Sabbath invented doom metal and was never the speediest band around so it's no real surprise for me to get a slow album. Add to the fact that Dio loves to sing on these slow doom metal riffs played by Iommi.

In any ways, to get a new studio album by these legends, and a very good HEAVY one from what the reviews mention, is already incredible.

Read the reviews. They all agree that the album is a slow moving doom-fest. I was hoping for a 50-50 balance of doomy songs with more up tempo tunes like Neon Knights or Turn up the Night, looks like I'm not getting that.

Read the reviews. They all agree that the album is a slow moving doom-fest. I was hoping for a 50-50 balance of doomy songs with more up tempo tunes like Neon Knights or Turn up the Night, looks like I'm not getting that.

That's what I wrote. But this excerpt from Popoff's review gives me hope nonetheless:

The rest is relentless, pulverizing doom metal, safely and exactly – exactly – as expected, with enough mid-tempo and moderately fast stuff to not cause a complete revolution by the fanbase

Oh shit:
HEAVEN & HELL: new album postponed - Apr. 1, 2009

HEAVEN & HELL — the band featuring BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi (guitar), Ronnie James Dio (vocals), Geezer Butler (bass) and Vinny Appice (drums) — has postponed the release of their long-awaited new album "The Devil You Know", due to legal threats by BLACK SABBATH vocalist Ozzy Osbourne's manager/wife, Sharon Osbourne.

Commented the leader of Mrs. Osbourne's legal team, Rowley Birkin: "The dark imagery of the song 'Bible Black' and the physical likeness of some of the band members on the new promotional photographs very closely mimic the look and feel of the classic Black Sabbath releases of 1970-1979. Our client states that the sole owner of all Black Sabbath intellectual property of that era is her management company Family Of Osbourne Ltd."

The copyright infringement suit is to be filed on Wednesday in Los Angeles federal court. The trial is expected to begin in mid-August. Rhino has set the release date of "The Devil You Know" to "TBA".

HEAVEN & HELL's new single, "Bible Black", is available for streaming in its entirety below. The track begins with Tony Iommi on acoustic guitar behind Dio's plaintive wail before the rhythm shifts to a menacing stomp for the rest of this dark tale about a book of sinister scriptures. One of the first songs written for the album, Dio says it established a tone for the rest of the LP. "When you start off with a blockbuster like that, it makes the rest of the album so much easier because it gives you a benchmark to measure the other songs against."

"The Devil You Know" track listing:

01. Atom And Evil
02. Fear
03. Bible Black
04. Double The Pain
05. Rock And Roll Angel
06. The Turn Of The Screw
07. Eating The Cannibals
08. Follow The Tears
09. Neverwhere
10. Breaking Into Heaven
:erk:

Our client states that the sole owner of all Black Sabbath intellectual property of that era is her management company Family Of Osbourne Ltd."

FUCK the Osbournes till they rot! Why in hell somebody don't shoot that bitch with a 12-gauge shotgun at point blank, 6 or 7 times? Ozzy can't even spell intelectual:heh:

I do hope it's an April Fool's joke since I'm awaiting for that album for April 28th come hell or high water.

P.S. At CDUniverse it's still scheduled for that date.

P.P.S I would like to know your source Tsorl, I haven't found any place including the official Black Sabbath site and Blabbermouth confirming that. Still I believe Sharon must be shot :devil:

well i haven't seen it mentioned on any other site so i can only assume its a terrible april fools joke

I guess so too, no BS/HAH related site with updated information have the slightest data related to the mentioned quote....

....still Sharon must be shot!
g030.gif