Something funny about Hot Topic

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
I had to go in there and get a shirt for my sister for Christmas, and I found something funny. This store is supposed to be "anti-mainstream" right? (Also, we all know that this store is SO mainstream it's not funny, but that's not the point) The faggots that shop there are supposed to be all about "punk/nu-metal" and they "supposidly" hate rap. Well when I went to get my sisters shirt, I found an entire rack of Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre shirts! It struck me as funny as hell. If Snoop and Dre know about this, they're probably laughing their asses off and making more money off these goths stupidity.

Oblivious Maximus said:
I had to go in there and get a shirt for my sister for Christmas, and I found something funny. This store is supposed to be "anti-mainstream" right? (Also, we all know that this store is SO mainstream it's not funny, but that's not the point) The faggots that shop there are supposed to be all about "punk/nu-metal" and they "supposidly" hate rap. Well when I went to get my sisters shirt, I found an entire rack of Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre shirts! It struck me as funny as hell. If Snoop and Dre know about this, they're probably laughing their asses off and making more money off these goths stupidity.

I saw those too...that place is ridiculous...my older kids like to go there sometimes.

i actually laugh at the mall kiddies that buy their clothes and bright pink hair dye from there, but i'd be lying if i said i never went in there for myself.

i like wearing chokers when i wear my hair up and i've found some really cute ones in there.
i usually keep my head down, find what i want fast, buy it and get out. :oops:

I was telling my friend how I wanted the German Eagle/Pentagram Slayer shirt, and he is like "They got it at HOT TOPIC in Pensacola!!" First off Im like WTF is Hot Topic? Needless to say he wife lets his leash go for a minute and we waltz on over to Hot Topic. HELLA GAY!! BUT..they had the slayer shirt which I grabbed, and a Army of Darkness Shirt, Dawn of the Dead shirt, AND an Return Of THe Living Dead shirt. Of course the teenage fag goth scum had NO idea what any of it was.

The Funny thing was, I was totally pimping some Callaway golf gear since I just played 18, and they thought I was the outsider..fuckin punks.

But yeah, that store is hella gay. I shall never go in there again cuz I pretty much grabbed all the shirts I wanted, unless they start carrying some Immortal and Gojira shirts, or maybe some old school Amorphis shirts..doubtful.

I got a twenty dollar gift certificate there last year for Christmas because my family knew I liked metal, but I guess they didn't know I liked 80's metal and not Nu-Metal. So to make a long story short..I walked away with a Damage Plan shirt for my cousin.

I know everyone wants slipnot slippers and a fancy chemical romance vest!

Everyone who works there, reminds me of Mr.Slave

Evil Dead said:
I was telling my friend how I wanted the German Eagle/Pentagram Slayer shirt, and he is like "They got it at HOT TOPIC in Pensacola!!" First off Im like WTF is Hot Topic? Needless to say he wife lets his leash go for a minute and we waltz on over to Hot Topic. HELLA GAY!! BUT..they had the slayer shirt which I grabbed, and a Army of Darkness Shirt, Dawn of the Dead shirt, AND an Return Of THe Living Dead shirt. Of course the teenage fag goth scum had NO idea what any of it was.

The Funny thing was, I was totally pimping some Callaway golf gear since I just played 18, and they thought I was the outsider..fuckin punks.

But yeah, that store is hella gay. I shall never go in there again cuz I pretty much grabbed all the shirts I wanted, unless they start carrying some Immortal and Gojira shirts, or maybe some old school Amorphis shirts..doubtful.

It rules that you say Hella gay as much as I do and Im from NorCal so I have an excuse.

JLJ The Icon said:
It rules that you say Hella gay as much as I do and Im from NorCal so I have an excuse.

I'm from Tennessee so I dont really have an excuse! Me and my friends always said hella and wicked..but when I say it down here in Florida, people look at ya funny.

Mr.Slave from Southpark, but Kids in the Hall rules!! Too bad the first season DVD is like 80 dollars.

Evil Dead said:
I'm from Tennessee so I dont really have an excuse! Me and my friends always said hella and wicked..but when I say it down here in Florida, people look at ya funny.

Mr.Slave from Southpark, but Kids in the Hall rules!! Too bad the first season DVD is like 80 dollars.

Oh, right...I forgot about Mr. Slave on Southpark.

Kids in the Hall was great...Cabbage Head and Chicken Lady were always funny!

I say "hella" as a joke sometimes...hella gay...hella cool. Is it actually a serious expression? My friend from New Hampshire always said "wicked".

My sister works at H.T.

I was in there one day talking to her and they had a whole fuckin wall of SpongeBob Squarepants merchandise. I'm not talking a few things here and there, but a whole wall. Everything you could imagine with that little sponge was on it. It looked like the KB toy store next to it.

A few weeks later, i saw merchandise with...get this...Teletubbies on it. I'm not kidding here either. Teletubbies--that gayass kids show. All over the place were those 4 little fruity fucks looking out from amidst lunchboxes and t shirts. It was scary in there.

I asked my sister why in the hell a store which uses the catch phrase "Everything About the Music" would sell such fuckin crap. She didn't have an answer. She's not crazy about working there either, but they let you wear pretty much whatever you want.

When i got home i went on their website--which also had a shitload of it--and sent them emails asking them WTF is up with this shit.

Their response was that they "got requests" from people asking them to carry those things.

I wonder to myself if this would possibly be true or not. What do you guys think?

*thinks school better start back up soon so there's less free time to write angry letters to hot topic*

i've been there not ashamed to say it but when youre stuck in suburbia and you want a t shirt that isn't semi gay well there ya go....

not the best just the easiest.