Something thats been bothering me

Jul 29, 2003
Denver, CO
www.anotheraccident.com
Now I'm sure I'm going to get flamed to shit for this, seeing as how I am more of a lurker than a contributor to these forums, but I gotta get it off my chest anyway.

Last I checked.. these are the OPETH forums, correct?

So why do we have threads pertaining to Iron Maiden, Sydney Swans, Extol, Simpsons, amateur band plugs, what shoes do you like, etc..? Do the General Music Discussion, Old School, and Non-Metal forums not exist? Am I seeing phantom forums?

I'm not trying to flame anybody, or point any fingers, or try to bring anybody down.. but... what the crap?

God, reading over my (short) post, I realize I sound like a whiney shithead, but y'know.. whatever. Its an internet forum.. if I can get over it, I'm sure you can to.

I think music related threads are perfectly okay in this forum. Simpsons and similar stuff, however, definitely belong to the Off Topic section.

Because we are a community here (albeit less so than in the past ;)), and it's nice to discuss things with people that you know, rather than posting things on other forums that are populated by other people (well, that's the general idea, I myself post on several boards here at UM, but still... ;))

I must say.. I am VERY impressed with the level of maturity in your guys' responses. I was half expecting a bunch of "stfu n00b fagit lolol" replies.

I guess I can understand how the opeth subforums have kind of evolved into its own little community within UM.. i mean hell, the Opeth forums have their OWN "off topic" forum :p

Thanks for not acting like a bunch of 12 year olds guys :)

The off-topic forum says "non-Opeth and non-music". Though people still post music stuff in there.

Really, if people always stayed on-topic in a forum, it'd get boring very quickly.

You've broken pretty much the only guideline we have here reffering to Off-Topic posts... you didn't post this in the Off-Topic section. So kinda looking at your post its pretty hypocritical and ironic :lol: