Something Wild

Zathyreon

New Metal Member
Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
I recently bought Something Wild Deluxe Edition. But there is something weird with it: When i insert it into my computer, and choose Install Desktop Theme from the menu, the computer says something like: The file is corrupt or is missing!!
Does anyone in here have any idea whats wrong with it??
(The funny thing is that i checked the back of the cd, and it doesn't say that there is a Windows desktop theme. I have checked some webpages too.. not there either..)
Pleeeeease help!

Well the thing is that I don't think millions of cds with that feature would be distributed with corrupt files on it. If yours is doing it, more than likely every other one is considering they just have one base cd they make copies of. And I don't think that they would do that, otherwise they would be losing a lot of fucking money. I don't know what could be causing it. It's possible that when you try to install it, it's using system files that happen to be corrupt. Thats what happens when you have Windows XP. XP sucks ass.

My thoughts exactly, it's probably some stupid XP error. Download the latest update package and hope for the best.

Or, go to a friends house and see if it works on their computer, if it doesn't, then you very well may have a corrupted disk or something. Good luck.

Well... It's pretty fucking weird, because: Even if it was some corrupted system files it would still show the file because it is supposed to be a zipfile!

Ok, i have tried it at a friends house now. Win 98, STILL doesn't work!! *boohoo* I'm beginning to believe that there is something wrong with my cd... :(

check if it's not scratched or something, scratchs are the bane of optic media...

and also check that your cd drive isn't whacked out or anything... i have an old cd drive that i had to open up and literally reassemble all over again, that it doesn't even read some cds anymore (and the motor spins a lot slower too)

Well u see: I just tried it at a friends house, and it's the same problem there...

Anyone that has the CD: Could you see if your bottom side of the CD is totally blank, or if there's like a line running round the entire disc...

Originally posted by asphyXy
Go with linux. 40 bucks and you got the best OS in the world. or you can download it from kazaa for 40 bucks cheaper.

hey dude linux is a free OS, it's open source
when you paid 40 dollars for it, its for the box and the book but you can download it for free everywhere

btw i have SW deluxe edition and mine works fine

check out www.linuxfromscratch.org

there are detailed guides on how to build a linux system from total scratch (downloading every package and installing it)
you need a runnning linux installation first though

it's really good, it teaches you a lot about what goes where and why and all that