Sonata Arctica

CliffBurton

Nov 12, 2005
Ontario

Yeah this song doesn't totally lick my balls. Which is odd, with how horrible Unia was.

Anyone else listen to The Days of Grays?

I might see them in a few weeks too, so people...

discuss this band, and how sexy Fullmoon is.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're awesome, their new album is too, their clips are, their live performances as well and YES I'M A FANGIRL.

Also, one of my favorite songs from The Days of Grays is the instrumental track:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvaAOTcbn1w&feature=related[/ame]

Which is so fucking simple and cheesy, yet it, eh, really really gets to one's heart. Or just mine. :)
This one, and Deathaura. ACE.

Their three first albums are awesome, but I don't really like their new stuff. Not only beacuse Mikko and Jani are not in the band anymore. But I have to say, that the new album is WAY better than Unia.

and how sexy Fullmoon is.

And Fullmoon has never been this gay:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna get flamed for this :p So, I really tried more than once to listen to them with different songs, but somehow I can't stand Kakko's voice. He may be a good singer, but not for me... everytime he begins to sing I gotta turn it off after half a minute.

I'm gonna get flamed for this :p So, I really tried more than once to listen to them with different songs, but somehow I can't stand Kakko's voice. He may be a good singer, but not for me... everytime he begins to sing I gotta turn it off after half a minute.

I kinda agree...

... and Jani has the weakest vibrato I have heard. Among the likes of Kirk Hammet :lol:

I might be alone with this but Unia is my favorite album. Newest... well I listened to it once. I have also seen them at live too many times (they are regulars in Finnish festivals).

I agree with this

I'm not a big fan of Tony Kakko either, he's acceptable. I like a fair few of Sonata's songs but they've done some absolute shit too, they'd be better if Jani was still with them... And I must say Cain's Offering sucks royal balls.

I got picture with Tony when I was 16.
26170_523897925180_297901345_1189287_4302100_n.jpg

Googly-eyed motherfucker.

The new album really reminds me of Nightwish for some reason, but it is a lot better than Unia.

Cain's Offering should be a lot better than it actually is, between the abilities of Jani and Kotipelto.

If you see them in Toronto Cliff, we should totally meet. And you should show me to a decent bar, since I've never been to Toronto. :p

I saw them like 6 years ago. omg so much fun live.

it was in a super tiny venue with no barrier to the stage so we were all just having a great time.

That was back when they had Jani and they did 3 part singing harmonies on all their songs and it blew my mind.

Having said that, im not a huge fan of any of their albums, liked silence and ecliptica i guess.

Basically I could just never get into listening to them on CD, but they are an A+++ live band

I don't live in Toronto, and I rarely go, so I wouldn't know.
I doubt I'll go, basically if I have the spare cash that weekend :p I need to stop going to clubs, too many fags from highschool.

Edit: And yeah, that pic is about 6 years old, was one of my first metal concerts :D.

Anyone else listen to The Days of Gays?

fix'd

I don't get what ppl like about S.A. Sure, they're decent musicians (cept the singer), but most of their compositions are piss-poor and boring. IMO, one of those bands that wrote 2-3 songs everyone knows/likes, and the rest is horrible.

I saw them like 6 years ago. omg so much fun live.

it was in a super tiny venue with no barrier to the stage so we were all just having a great time.

That was back when they had Jani and they did 3 part singing harmonies on all their songs and it blew my mind.

Having said that, im not a huge fan of any of their albums, liked silence and ecliptica i guess.

Basically I could just never get into listening to them on CD, but they are an A+++ live band

I saw them with Jani too after they released the album which was after winterhearts guild or whatever, honestly after that they started sucking mega hardcore. everything up until winterhearts is legit and then the album after it is mediocre at best and then WHAM, pure suckage. They've played here a couple times since and I haven't gone back because I just don't care enough.