Sonata Arctica

Yeah I remembered Moonsorrow and Finntroll is 3 days later, seeing as Moonsorrow is my favourite band :/
Fuck Sonata.

I always liked the way Sonata utilized 7-strings.

They kept it from going straight to chugchugtrainstation

Really? :(

Ah well, I doubt I can make it now in either case considering my programming project is..well, big. But hopefully. I really like Sonata live. Last time they played 'White Pearl, Black Ocean', which I thought was really fun live. But blah, of course I am slammed with 'this and that' this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kObI4XuTR2o
Yeah this song doesn't totally lick my balls. Which is odd, with how horrible Unia was.

Anyone else listen to The Days of Grays?

I might see them in a few weeks too, so people...

discuss this band, and how sexy Fullmoon is.

Imho The Days Of Gays is just that, the fucking gayest album that will ever be put out. I bought the Flag In The Ground single and was really pumped because it had a good vibe, and I was set to buy the package of CD and shirt, but I said to myself "just in case, before preordering and spending 40€, download it and give it one listen, then buy it because it'll be good". I thank myself for doing that. They got me so pissed I didn't even get the t-shirt, even though I love it.

Unia sure was quite different from the rest, but this thing is just gay. Only exception Flag In The Ground as I said. I've given it quite a lot of oportunities but it has everything: the music is ghey, the cool harmonies are nowhere to be found, Tony Kakko has just fucked up the vocals, it's the worst set of harmonies and such that I remember. The guitars don't have 90% of the part they used to have, and to top it up, the mixing and mastering engineers must have been drunken monkeys, because the final sound is the worse I had come across in a stablished band album in years.

Cain's Offering is way better. Yes, because of Jani. Anything with Jani makes my taint tingle with pleasure.

Kinda agreed, although they could have done it a bit better. But in the Jani/Sonata Arctica battle Jani has pwned them. Cain's Offering could have been better but it's ok and has decent things. Sonata Arctica's last album stinks except for one song.

^It makes you gay. Not homosexual. Gay.

No, but seriously, what of it all is to like? I really have tried hard to like it, but I can't find a single thing in the whole goddamn album (besides the brilliant exception of FITG) that is worth listening.